Prologue (Part 1)

so this will be a long chapter and there's a lot of dialogue. I can't really do dialogue so any tips would be nice. Thanks for reading. ☺️😊

Child innocence is the sweetest thing. Sadly it gets ripped away by the way that some people hunt. Now when you hear 'hunt', do you think about hunting deer or hunting monsters? The hunting I'm talking about is monster hunting. Some hunt for sport, some for glory, some for revenge, and some for saving people. I was part of all categories. I was part of an organization that had the legacies of the first hunters ever to come together and find ways that weren't so , well, inhuman or beastly. The organization is the Men of Letters. Many of the branches are in different countries. The only branch that was destroyed by any supernatural creature was the American. As that happened, the Americans were branded as apes by the way they hunted. Now I was part of the Russians. I was the best of the best but now, well, I'm being hunted like a monster. Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Now I had a sister that was two years older than me. She was a wonderful child as my parents and our maid said. I was the rebel. I was 4 when I first went to a training camp for the organization. My sister got to stay home and go to a school with other 'good' kids. Now, I spoke perfect English but I made it seem like I knew little to none. You probably wonder why that matters. Well, this can not only had Russian operatives, it had British as well. Now the males and females were separated into different tents but we trained together. Now this group was full of children 4 to 7. It was a 6 year long training camp and it was total hell. I was the most innocence child until the first night we spent there. The first day was introduction and orientation. We went to our beds and slept. I couldn't though. Now, I usually stay awake at night but I would fall asleep at 4 in the morning. Something bothered me about this place and I didn't know why. That was until around midnight. About 5 male instructors walked in and started raping some of the girls. They were crying silently trying not to wake the others. I watched as one came towards me and I grabbed a pen that I had on my nightstand. He grabbed my legs and I brought the pen up and dug it into his jugular. Blood spilled out and many girls jolted up at his scream. The other 4 looked at me and their eyes grew wide. I looked up and all I saw was red. They stumbled back and slowly walked out of the tent. One of the British girls walked towards me and whispered, "Go to the bathroom and get cleaned up."

One of the Russians said, "She doesn't speak English. All she knows is Russian."

She turned and said, "Then tell her. I don't want her to get in trouble."

The Russian replied, "She'll get in trouble anyway."

Just then a female instructor walked in with the males tailing her. She growled in Russian, "What did you do, you little bitch?"

I straightened and replied, "Defended myself."

She glared and the Russian said, "She was."

The instructor glared and I said, "Get the body out. And ask those four about what they were doing in here."

She turned with wide eyes and muttered, "Why?"

She looked at the British girl and she basically read my mind. She said, "They were... uhh."

The instructor said, "What? They were what?"

The Russian said in English, "They were raping some of the girls. He grabbed her legs and she defended herself."

One of the males said, "How would she know what we were doing?"

I growled in Russian, "I'm nocturnal."

The female instructor nodded slightly and replied in Russian, "You know they don't know Russian, right?"

I smirked sightly and nodded. She turned and glared at the men. She went back to English, "What the hell were you thinking? You really want to fucking target little girls? Get the fuck out and I don't ever want to hear that any of you came back in here. You two, grab the body and carry it to your tent. It'll stay in there until the morning."