Chapter 17: Dimples

"I love when you do that," Desmond murmured as we walked toward the green room.

"Do what?"

"Get all professional like that. Gives me all sorts of naughty secretary fantasies," he joked.

"That's sexist, why can't I be the naughty CEO?" I scolded.

"Ooh, will you let me bend you over your desk, boss?" He asked with a cheeky smile and the image caused my body to heat up.

"Let's revisit this discussion later."

The smell of warm Italian food was swarming my senses when we entered the half empty green room. "Bestie!" Ellen shrieked from across the room and rushed over to us. "You would not believe the texts that I just got." She challenged with a grin on her face. I hardly noticed, however because I was busy staring at the buffet.

"Let's get some food in her, before you tell her?" Desmond suggested, and Ellen sighed and nodded. "Come on," Desmond ordered. My mind was focused on the food as he guided me in that direction. I immediately curated a plate that would set any italia-phile into a frenzy. With a full plate and a happy face, I looked for a seat at the table which had Leo with Ellen perched on his knee, Gabe who was looking rather dapper in a black, velvet suit, Genesis who was wearing thigh-high Converse All-Stars and a gold sequined mini dress, Bridget who was dressed in a grey silk tuxedo with platform sandals, and now Desmond who was grinning at me. He pat his lap with that same cheeky smile and I spun around to see that there were no more seats to use for the table - I actually debated a barstool or couch but succumbed. I rolled my eyes and took my seat on his lap and began to immediately dig into my food. In between bites, Ellen thrust her phone into my line of sight. My eyes widened as I read the words that appeared on the screen.

Dïckhëäd: So she's just going to marry a rockstar now? What are you his live in side piece or something?

Dïckhëäd: Too good to respond to me now?

Dïckhëäd: You two are such sluts. You know you'll be crawling back to us when they're done with you and me and Logan won't be here for you because no one wants some STD-riddled rock star's sloppy thirds.

Dïckhëäd: because we had you first. They had you second.

I actually laughed out loud by the end. However, I heard a fierce growl when I was handing the phone back. I realized that Desmond had been reading over my shoulder. "Who the fück is that piece of shïtë and can I kick his ärsë, please?" Simultaneously, Ellen affirmed and I rejected his proposal.

"That was my reaction too," Leo grumbled looking grumpy and Ellen rolled her eyes.

"He's obviously being a drunk idiot. He's not worth the hassle, trust me." Ellen explained depositing her phone in her clutch.

"Isn't it like lunchtime in the States?" Leo prodded.

"And?" Ellen and I asked at the same moment.

"I don't think it's alright for anyone, no matter their sobriety, to talk about my fiancé that way," Desmond griped. I turned to look at him. He was very much trying to keep his cool.

"Maybe we should get some fresh air?" I proposed, rising to my feet.

"We aren't on for another hour so you're good," Genesis informed when I looked around to see if anyone was going to stop us.

"Come on," I advised, pulling Desmond to his feet and dragging him toward the door. We stepped out into the hall and I looked around. Just as I was about to chart my own course, LeAnn appeared. "LeAnn!" I called probably louder than I should have seeing as she practically jumped out of her skin.