Chapter 1 Rewrite

Keith had never been more embarrassed in his life. He's let himself be caught by that stupid quiznacking ship- he'd been told not to go near it. Multiple times. Kolivan was constantly reminding him how dangerous it was. But did Keith ever really listen to him? Obviously, the answer was no. So he risked, not only his life, but the entire Blade's life, by getting caught. By a Galran ship. Of course, together, the blade could take down one of these in an hour, stricking when least expected, sinking the ship, and saving prisoners. It was one of Keith's favorite things. But this ship seemed... Different. More armoured, though if it were to protect from the blade or the rough seas, Keith didn't know. Maybe even something else. He didn't want to think of what else. He should've known that it looking different meant it was dangerous, and told the blade. Instead. Keith had been scouting by himself, and didn't notice the net being lowered. He was knocked out by a weight on it, and had just woken up in a tank of water on the dock.

The tank wasn't that big, barely long enough for him to lay across the bottom, even with his shorter tail just as tall. it was wide enough for him to stretch out his arms all the way, with his palms flat against each side. He wasn't liking it. His gaze scanned the area around him, and landed on a man coming through a door. Otherwise, the deck was empty. He scowled at the man, swimming high enough to grab the edge of the tank and glare at him.

The man had purple skin, and weird, pointy ears. His hair was even longer than Kolivan's, and stretching down his back, though it was the same pale white color. The man's eyes met Keith's, and he was smiling. It wasn't a freindly smile, that smile was deadly, making Keith bristle.

"Who are you?" Keith demanded, tempted to spash the man as he stopped infront of the tank.

"Lotor," The man- Lotor- in a smooth, deep voice.

Keith's eyes narrowed further. "Let me go. Now."

Lotor laughed darkly. "And why would I do that? It's been a while since I've caught a specimen with such a pretty red tail."

As if on cue, Keith's tail in the water tensed. "Yeah? And what do you plan to do with it?" His eyes narrowed.

"Why, sell it to the highest bider, just like everthing else that I have on my ship. What else?"

Keith's face paled, and he stilled, making Lotor laugh darkly. "Exactly. Now, I'll be back later to direct my men to bringing you down to the storage, with the other tanks. Now that  we know that there are your kind here, we can drop our ancor to fish. You'll make wonderful bait."

Keith got over his horror quickly, and even though he knew it was futile against the Galra, tried to sing, to lure his prey into putting him back into the ocean. Lotor just laughed at his attempt. "Galrans are resistant to the song of merfolk. You, of anyone, should know that."

Lotor started to saunter away, and Keith watched him, helpless and defeated. He didn't know how the quiznack he would get out of this one.