Nightmare

You were in an alleyway, surrounded by men with masks and clubs. "Tell is where she is." One asked in a rough tone. "Never." You responded. Another put you in a choke hold and the man asked again. "Tell. Me."  He said, pointing a knife at your throat. You were struggling to breathe as the man pushed against your throat. "No." "Fine," the man said. "Guess we'll have to find her ourselves." He said as you felt a blunt object hit you over the head. You blacked out. You woke up in a dark room. As the lights were switched on, you saw your girlfriend behind a sheet of glass tied to a chair with cuts and bruises all over her. A man in a trench coat walked in with a box. "Open it. It's a gift for you." As you opened the box, you saw it had a knife in it. The man grinned. "Want to find out how well this knife works? Try it on your girlfriend. Or try it on yourself." You stared at Ashley, then the knife, then your hands. She could tell what you were going to do. Tears started to flow from her hazel eyes. "No. Don't do it." She said as you pressed the knife against your chest. Blood started to flow from the slit in your chest. The man smiled and started to laugh. You pressed harder. Your girlfriend started to cry. "No! No! Stop! Stop!" The man walked over to you and grabbed you by the arm. "You don't deserve her. She never really loved you. Why don't you just die?" He threw you against the wall. You were lying in a pile of blood and started to shake. You felt weak from blood loss and felt yourself start to slip away. The last thing that escaped your lips was, "I'm sorry Ash."

You woke up drenched with sweat and were panting like crazy. Images from the dream flashed in your head and you started to cry. "I'm sorry." You whispered to yourself. You quietly whimpered into your pillow. Tears slowly slid down your cheeks. You felt Ashley move slightly and you tried to stop crying. You got up and went to the bathroom. When you looked into the mirror, your forehead was soaked with sweat. You washed cold water over your face and stared into the mirror. It was just a dream, y/n. You heard a voice in your head. "She never really loved you. Why don't you just die?" You felt a lump in your throat as you choked back tears. "I'm not worth it. How does she love me?" You walked into the bedroom and sank to the ground in tears. "I don't deserve her. I'm just an ugly piece of shit. No one loves me." You heard footsteps and quickly got up. You saw a figure standing by the edge of the bed. It slowly started to walk towards you. You froze. Sweat was dripping from your forehead as you backed against the wall. "Y/n? Are you okay?" You heard a familiar voice say. The figure walked over and turned on the light. You relaxed a bit seeing it was just your girlfriend. "Y/n, what's wrong? You looked like you just saw a ghost." Ashley said. You just walked over to her and buried your head in her chest. You wrapped your arms around her. Tears of relief streamed from your eyes. You let out a sigh. "Babe, are you crying?" You looked up. "No, my eyes are sweating." You said sarcastically. More tears fell from your eyes as you stared at her. "Hey, what's up? You can tell me anything." She said, wiping the tears off your cheek. You sighed and sat on the side of the bed. "Well, let's just say that I'm scared I'm going to lose you. I'm ugly and fat and I don't deserve you. Sometimes I think this is just a dream. It's not like the Halsey would be my girlfriend." She lightly grabbed your chin and tilted it towards her. "Listen. If anything, I don't deserve you. You're a beautiful, talented, smart young lady. Don't let anyone make you think different. Why do you think I'm dating you right now? You are who I've been looking for my whole life. I love you so much. Don't ever forget that." You looked down and smiled. "I love you too. It's just, no one's ever cared about me this much. This whole relationship thing is kinda new. I'm afraid I'm going to lose you and never get over it. Listen. Ash, I'd bleed for you. I'd stick a needle in my hungry eyes for you. You have no clue what I'd do to myself for you." You said as you started to cry again. A tear slid down Ashley's cheek. "Come here." She motioned for you to sit in her lap. As you did, she started to tickle you. "Oh my god Ash! Stop!" You said, laughing. "I'm so glad you're my girlfriend. I won't let anything tear us apart."