5

We ate in silence for the most part. I had taken a seat at the end of the table to minimize my reactions with the group. The room was tense as Haruhi kept cracking her crab legs. A small glance at Tamaki and I could see that he was about to blow.

I stared at my half eaten plate for a few seconds before I stood and muttered an 'excuse me'. I quietly padded out towards the beach. I was enabled this freedom since the whole area flourished with Kyoya's private police service.

I gazed at the stars as the my sparkled across the sky. I hadn't seen a sky like this in years.

Being in the force really took a lot of humanity out of me. I was just now learning the basics of being human thanks to Kaoru.

I looked at the ocean as I walked towards it, my hand grasped my arm behind my back. I let out a quiet sigh as the water lapped at my bare feet.

"It's a beautiful night tonight."

I didn't turn to see who it was, the voice gave them away. "Beautiful indeed. I wish I could capture this moment forever."

"Why not take a picture?" He asked, his ginger hair became visible as he stood beside me. I smiled a small smile as I relished in the moment, "I left my phone in my room earlier so I wouldn't get it wet, haven't been back since."

He was quiet for a moment and then said, "I would offer you mine, but I unfortunately did the same as you." We quietly chuckled to ourselves under the night sky.

I glanced at him, "care for a walk?" He sent me a smile, "sure. It was too tense in there for me anyways." I let out a soft laugh as we started on our journey down the beach, "that's why I didn't stick around either."

We talked about small things as we meandered around the edge of the ocean. The host club, Tenshi, my growth as a human. It was nice, not being in soldier mode at all. Was this the luxury that many people had?

"So how are you now?"

I looked at him, curious, "what do you mean?" A ghost of a smile flashed over his lips as he glanced away from the large body of water and towards me, "are you learning the ways of the human?" My lip twitched up in the corner, "why yes, yes I have."

"Then promise me."

"I promise."

"What's the most important thing to you at the moment? Swear on that."

My mind went blank as I stared at him for a second before I changed gears and rocketed in autopilot.

"You."

I zoned into reality as his lips formed into an 'o'. My face heated as I realized what I had done. I covered a portion of my face with my face and turned my head away with a shaky 'oh gods above. . .'

The sounds of the small waves crashing on the beach was the only thing to be heard. I was silently thankful that we weren't in a silent room. The ringing in my ears would have driven me insane by this point.

"Swear on me then. If I'm important at this very moment, swear on me that you are growing into a person again."

My head snapped towards him and my eyes widened a fraction. His eyes danced with determination, as if the pink hue on his cheeks didn't matter.

I took in a breath and sunk down onto both knees, my head in a bow.

"I, Katsuo Yukimura, solemnly swear on one Kaoru Hitachiin that I am growing as a human, a person, and as a friend. I pledge my honesty and devote my soul to allow this wish to come true. So it will be."

I looked up at him and smiled at his shocked expression. His pink hue turned into a red blaze.

"I'll prove my worth to you, Kaoru Hitachiin."

I stood and wiped the sand off of my knees before I enveloped him in a hug. A strong and warm hug. Another smile twitched on my lips as his arms wrapped around me.

"Don't loose faith in me. I'm trying because you're helping me. I won't let you go unless that's what you wish."

"Never. Don't leave me here alone."

"But you're not alone. The others–"

"I feel as if I'm myself around you. I'm not the twin, the host, or the ginger. Just me."

"Then I won't leave."

~•~

*cough it's short I know cough*

New update yayyy

Prepare for sadness cause I'm merciless.