Invisible.

Michael Clifford was a bad boy. In theory. He had the potential to run the school, with his dark aesthetic and 'the world can kiss my ass' attitude. Except, he wasn't quite at that level of social superiority. In fact, he wasn't even close. Everybody saw him in the same way. He was the school's signature freak. Being so much as seen with him guaranteed a ruined reputation. Michael Clifford was a reject,  and a rebel; but couldn't quite own the bad boy trope just yet.

Elsie Ambrose was a bad girl. Both in theory, and in practice. She was, possibly, the only rebel who it was deemed cool to associate with. Elsie was the kind of girl you would consider to be a manic pixie dream girl; but that alone would be an insult. Michael had once witnessed her punch a guy for insinuating the same thing. She had told him that she most definitely was not a plot device created with the sole purpose of influencing men to appreciate "their sad little lives."

Tegan Giles was Michael's best friend. In fact, she had meant the world to him. She had been as much a nobody as he was, but she was still everything to him. Tegan killed herself exactly two weeks ago, and things just haven't been the same without her. Michael can barely function, and he's never felt as alone as he does now.

There's just one thing that Michael can't shrug off. Two weeks ago, the girl he loved died, and it's almost as though it never happened. People are forgetting about Tegan, and Michael can't let that happen; so he creates The Amber Project and with help from an unexpected ally, Michael intends to preserve his best friend's memory forever, whilst also reminding people that it is okay to speak out about mental health and the importance of getting help.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Michael Clifford

Michael Clifford.

Elsie Ambrose.

if you want to follow my weheartit for some character based collections, you can find them at velevetines. You can also find some sets/collections and other things relating to the characters and this book in general on my polyvore which is called othellhoes. For anyone who cares, both my personal instagram and tumblr have the same user (othellhoes) so if you wanna hmu, go ahead.