PREFACE

E X C E R P T

"When you're black and white there's no use hiding in a field of colours," his umber eyes so solemn, "Anthony T. Hincks."

But when Cillian looked at Oliver, he couldn't help but disagree, because to Cillian, Oliver was all the colours of the spectrum merged into one and then at screaming splendour and refulgence, "You're the brightest thing in this whole darn shop."

At that, Oliver's eyes literally bloomed, the colour of earth freshly kissed by spring rains, a hue that promised to stir the life from dormant seeds, like all the fluorescent verdure around him actually lived within. And it took Cillian's breath away. And in that moment Cillian realised, he did have a favourite flower after all. ❞

S Y N O P S I S

A/N better summary is better!

Cillian Woulfe decides to visit his mother again, but on this occasion it is a passé flower arrangement that is called for instead of ambitious news that his father has finally stopped drinking. He decides to visit the flower shop downtown.

Oliver Daley runs the local florists, in which the climate must be kept warm and sunny. His personality regulates such conditions well—that is until one chilly, wintery day when a brusque gust of wind blows open his door in the form of a dark-haired boy.

A story in which a tempestuous boy with a stormy frown fixed upon his face finds himself a neatly tucked away floristry, and more importantly, the sunshiny-smile florist within, who teaches him there's beauty in even the simplest and puniest of peonies.

But their time is limited. So where do you go when you sleep?