Chapter 2

Far from the dragons’ lair in the kingdom of King Jonathon and Queen Elizabeth, the Royal Palace was abuzz with excitement. Servants and nursemaids rushed through the palace to the Queen’s chamber, for the queen was giving birth to twins. It was the royal couple’s first children and like everyone in the kingdom they couldn’t wait for the heirs.

King Jonathon paced back and forth in his library wishing he could be in there with his wife. His brother-in-law Lord Nicholas was sitting at the desk watching Jonathon pacing with a worried look. He chuckled and said, “Jonathon, you need to calm down. Elizabeth will be fine; she is a very strong woman. I am sure pregnancy to twins is not going to do anything to her.”

Jonathon stopped walking and looked at him. Shaking his head he replied, “Nicholas you sure know how to change my spirits. I know she is strong but I just can’t sit here waiting and hoping everything is ok.”

Nicholas was about to respond when the library door opened and a servant walked in and bowed. “My lords, the queen is fine and has given birth to two lovely girls.”

“Can I see her?” Jonathon asked yearning to run out the door to his wife.

“Yes…” That was all he heard. He ran to the queen’s chamber. As he ran he could hear his brother-in-law behind him laughing at his urgency. “When he gets married and his wife has children he will understand.”

When he entered the room, the queen was lying in her bed holding two little babies. Smiling he walked to the bed and sat next to his wife. “You have done an amazing job my dear. They look perfect.” The queen smiled at him and replied, “What should we name them?”

“I like the name Emily.” Jonathon replied.

“Sara is a good name too.” Elizabeth added.

“Well than it is settled. One should be called Emily and the other Sara. Except who is going to be who? They better not look too much alike.” Lord Nicholas said laughing. He stopped laughing and looked at the king and queen. “What? No comment? Well than it is official, I shall have my fastest riders tell the whole kingdom that Princesses Emily and Sara have been born. Oh and this occasion calls for a grand party with rum, food, dancing, gifts for the princesses, and did I say rum?”

Laughing, Jonathon stood up and slapped his brother on the back and said, “Nick you are so true. We will throw a grand party for Emily and Sara and I assure you there will be rum and food.”

“Well of course there will be. I can’t go to a party if there is nothing to eat or drink. How will I survive from all the dances?”  Lord Nicholas replied walking out the door. As he walked away, Jonathon and Elizabeth heard their brother shouting to get the horses ready to tell the kingdom of the new addition to the royal family.