Prolouge

"There it is. Planet Earth." Commander Ford announced. He and his companion led their flying saucer inside the planet and hovered silently in the night sky. "Do you remember your mission?" Commander Ford asked.

"Yes sir," the young man, or alien, answered. He didn't look like a typical alien. The one humans expected to see. He didn't have green skin, a big head, and wide eyes. He wasn't short and he didn't have antennas. He didn't have big ears and four fingers. He certainly was not blood thirsty. He looked like a normal human being.

There were only a few aliens in Qerrassa who looked, well...human. They were the most valued though, since they could easily blend in with the humans on Earth. Commander Ford would have been a human-like alien too, if it wasn't for his eyes. They were slightly larger than those of an average human.

"Repeat it," Commander Ford demanded.

"I must pass as a human being to study their species more. In three months I must leave Earth and report back to Qerrassa. Then, based on the knowledge I have gathered, we will decide whether to help the humans and become their allies. Or...if we shall become their enemies by invading Earth and killing the entire human race." The alien said.

"Very good. Now, Jonathan, you must remember the risk about being among these humans. They have very strong emotions and you must not allow yourself to feel them. If we find out that you are turning into one of them, well...you already know the consequences don't you?" Commander Ford stared at Jonathan.

"Yes sir," Jonathan replied.

"Good. As soon as we land you are off. We wish you the best of luck." The commander went back to focusing on landing the flying saucer. He knew exactly where to land. A large enough clearing in a forest that was in San Francisco. As soon as he saw it, he flew to the spot and hovered there. Slowly the flying saucer settled on the grass.

Jonathan went to the front door of the saucer and waited as a ramp dropped to the ground. Before he was even off the ramp he saw a human girl staring wide eyed at them from among the trees. Commander Ford stopped beside him and said, "I am taking the spare space pod. Bring her over here. It would not be good to start your mission with a witness. Make her forget." Jonathan nodded and headed towards the girl.