Chapter 1: Rose

Rose and Kaeylin were walking around their tent preparing everything for their nightly skywatching. It was quiet, almost peaceful, then Kaeylin started complaining.

"Ok, this idea sounded fun at first, but now I'm starting to question your sanity." Kaeylin grabbed a journal and fanned herself.

"I'm not crazy. There's been a lot of UFO sightings around these woods," Rose said.

"We've been here for three nights and nothing." Kaeylin retorted.

"It's just today okay. Tomorrow we have school." Rose reminded her.

"We won't see anything Rose." Kaeylin sighed.

"If you keep saying that we won't," Rose said muttered getting her backpack.

"I have to pee!" Kaeylin said suddenly.

"You shouldn't have drank your entire water jug." Rose laughed.

"Come with me," Kaeylin begged.

"Just go fast." Rose told her.

"What if a bear comes and attacks me?!" Kaeylin protested.

"I'll attend your funeral." Rose smiled.

"Ugh, fine!" Kaeylin stepped out of the tent and Rose took out her journal.

She wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to see a UFO. Sure, it'd be cool and all but what if what they say about aliens is true. That they have big heads and eyes and that they are cold and heartless. She wished the government would stop being so secretive and just spill all the information they knew about the aliens. There was one thing she was sure of though, if by any chance they did see a UFO tonight, she would definitely figure out a way to get close enough to gather as much information as possible.

Rose opened her journal and went over the notes she wrote down for their assignment. At school, Kaeylin was the only person out of all her friends who thought like her when it came to aliens. So when their teacher assinged them a project based on a topic that interested them, they had naturally paired up to investigate the mystery that is aliens. Just as she was about to write something down Kaeylin burst into the tent, face pale.

"Did the bear show up?" Rose asked. Kaelyin rushed in and took Rose by the arm and started dragging her through the forest.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Rose demanded and a branch cut through her skin. She was pretty sure that later she would have much more cuts and scratches from all the tree branches they were encountering. They came to the edge of a clearing and Kaeylin pointed upwards. "Look," she whispered. Rose's eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

A UFO was descending onto the ground. She stood frozen, staring at the thing in awe but just then Kaelyin yanked her to the ground. Rose grabbed her journal and started making a quick sketch of the saucer and writing notes on how it looked like. It was silver with various bright lights around it. Blue, green, red. Rose dropped the journal and started getting up from their hiding spot. Before she could go out into the clearing, a ramp dropped from the saucer and she froze in her tracks.

"Rose get back down," Kaeylin whispered as she finished snapping a picture.

Rose remained standing up and stared at the saucer like she had earlier. Kaeylin pulled at Rose's arm but she wasn't strong enough to bring her down this time. A figure stepped onto the ramp and was soon joined by a second one. They wore white and silver suits with a helmet of some sort. The second figure was speaking to the one that stepped onto the ramp first and then they was looking directly at her.

"Shit." Rose muttered and her heart sped up. Every though in her head screamed at her to run. That they indeed were cold and heartless creatures, but she couldn't run even if she wanted to. She'd been spotted.