We're All We Need

"Mommy..." A little voice called out. Regina slowly opened her eyes to see her son at her bedside smiling. She gave a soft grin as she sighed happily, "Yes Roland?" She sat up in the bed, careful not to wake her sleeping husband and turned the lamp on that was on the nightstand beside the bed. Roland stood with his stuffed money in his hand, "I had a bad dream..." He was embarrassed because he knew big boys usually weren't scared of their dreams but Regina just smiled as she tilted her head. "Well why don't you climb into bed and tell me about it?" He softly grinned and nodded. Regina held out her arms and let Roland crawl into them as she cradled him in her lap. She brushed his hair out of his face, "What happened in your nightmare?" He rested his head against her chest, "I dreamt about the flying monkey." Regina nodded, she understood exactly what was wrong, "Ah," She lifted his head up so she could look into his eyes, "Mommy promises there are no flying monkeys anymore. And no harm will ever come to you, I will always protect you, okay?" Roland held his monkey tighter, "Okay mommy." He gave her a hug, "I love you." She hugged him back and kissed his forehead, "I love you too sweetheart." It had been a year since they had all been a family. Henry spent the weekdays at home with her and spent the weekend with Emma, an arrangement that pleased her because she was able to spend more time with her son. She had also created a special bond with Roland even though he knew Marian was his birth mother, Regina was his mommy. Robin and Regina discussed what to do about Marian but soon after she arrived in Storybrooke she became ill and passed away. It was hard for Robin and Roland but Regina stood by them and that touched Robin's heart. A few months after they were married Regina found out she was pregnant, now she was just four months and her stomach was round but small and firm. Roland looked down at it, it puzzled him that a baby was in there. He shuffled in the bed so that he was in the space between his mother and father. Regina quietly giggled, "I guess that means you want to sleep in here then?" He nodded, then furrowed his brow, "Mommy, where do babies come from?" Regina's eyes widened, "Oh uhm, ah...." She reached over her son and shook her husband, "Robin...Dear wake up." Robin jumped up, "Huh?! What's wrong? Is it a fire!?" Roland laughed and Robin finally came to his senses, "I see we have a guest." He ruffled Roland's hair. "Our son wants to know where babies come from..." Regina said and Robin's eyes shifted from Roland to Regina's stomach where their unborn child was. "Oh he does? Well Roland...when a mother and father love each other very much they," he trailed off when he heard soft snoring only to look down and see Roland asleep, his plush monkey in his arms. Robin sighed, "Phew. So glad I don't have to answer that question yet." Regina playfully raised an eyebrow, "Indeed. We got lucky." Robin chuckled to himself, "What happened to where he came in here?" Regina lovingly stroked Roland's head, he was so cute as he slept, "He had a nightmare about that flying monkey. But I took care of it." Robin was so fascinated by how his wife and son had bonded, it baffled him how quickly Roland took to Regina. He smiled as he watched how she cooed over him, "You really are an amazing woman, not to mention a phenomenal mother." She blushed, "You're an excellent father, I had reel you in somehow..." She joked and he smirked. "And here I thought you wanted me for my dashing good looks." Regina playfully pushed her husband, "That was just a plus." Robin arched his eyebrow, "Oh really? I guess this was a plus then too?" He leaned over, taking his wife's face in his hands and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. When he pulled back, their eyes were both closed and they opened simultaneously. A smile spread across her lips once she didn't feel her lover's lips pressed against hers anymore, "Definitely a plus." They both shared a laugh before laying back down just as the sun started to creep up in the night sky. They stared at each other and glanced at their son before drifting off back to sleep. Henry had managed to climb into bed while they were asleep and made himself comfortable at the foot of the bed. The day ahead of them would be filled with love, laughter but most of all, it would be filled with each other. Family was all that mattered.