15.

Chapter Fifteen:

"What if this is the last 'Ryan and Andy Night' as just being us?" Ryan asks me, springing onto the seat next to me on our couch, a bowl in his hand.

"Well then, we better make it extraordinary." I answer, a smile forming on my face as I think of all of our nights were it has been just the two of us. From late night beach explorations to time capsules, we've pretty much covered all of our bases. Tonight though, it was a movie night, to be exact, it was throwback movie night meaning "The Breakfast Club" had already been watched... twice.

"Okay, so that means 'Sixteen Candles' must be next." Ryan exclaims, grabbing the DVD from the pile in front of us.

"I don't know, we should save that one for later. Let's take a break." I say, stretching out my legs to put them across Ryan's lap. Immediately, he's slouched down so that his body is more cuddled into the couch and he's put the bowl on the other side of him.

"Fine then. Jake Ryan will just have to wait then." He says dramatically. "But, what about your own personal Jake Ryan?" Ryan snoops.

"What are you talking about?" I pretend to play dumb, though I don't know exactly which one he's talking about.

"You know, the one who wrote a song about you." He clarifies.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"As if you don't know. Seriously, who else would have Landon written that new song about? Everyone knows that the two of you have a thing for each other." Ryan continues.

"You're crazy. That's so not true." I defend.

"You can't even deny it, everyone saw the two of you when you sang. There was no way you could deny the chemistry." Ryan says. "And if anything, the duet just confirmed that the song was about you."

"Whatever, it's not like that between us." I say, blowing off Ryan's words as just Ryan being Ryan. "Besides, what about your Romeo?"

"Which one?" Ryan jokes, a little blush forming on his cheeks.

"I don't know, maybe the really famous one." I answer.

"Oh, yeah..." He smiles. "Nothing." He deadpans.

"What are you talking about? You're always talking to him." I astonishingly question.

"Yeah, apparently he isn't looking for a 'relationship'." Ryan angrily speaks, his fingers making quotation marks when he says relationship.

"That's such bull, he's totally into you." I say, completely pissed at Ash.

"You're preaching to the choir." Ryan sighs, defeat all over his face.

"Well then, screw him. Go get yourself a new man." I immediately jump too.

"I would..." Ryan says defeated. "But, I really like this one."

"Aww, sweetie." I then move closer to Ryan and wrap my arms around him. He instantly slumps into my embrace and sighs deeply.

"And I'm stuck with him for the entire summer now." Ryan mumbles. "And all he ever does is lead me on, like if he doesn't want a relationship then stop texting me 24/7. And stop calling me to hang out and stop acting like you actually like me back, you know?"

"Trust me, I know." I tell him, my mind flooding with images of Landon as he speaks. Even though my friendship with Landon is no where near where Ash and Ryan, it still felt as though my crush kept growing with every moment I spent with Landon. The little things only add to the feelings too.