Flicker Album

Flicker Album was released on 20 October 2017, through Neon Haze Music and . " This Town" was released on 29 September 2016, as the album's , followed by 2017 singles "Slow Hands" and "Too Much Too Ask".  

Niall Horan says at Daily Star, "I have been working on it since March 2016. It has been a year and a half in the making and it is finally time for people to hear it." 

 "Whenever I would pick up a guitar, I would always naturally play chords like that, and finger pick a lot and play that folky kind of style." He also described the collection as having a "folk-with-pop feel to it."

Every single song of the FLicker Album has unique sound and genre. It is perfect on this days. A piece of art that comes from the great ideas of songwriter Niall James Horan

 A piece of art that comes from the great ideas of songwriter Niall James Horan

FLICKER ALBUM SONGS 

1. ON THE LOOSE

It's the favourite track of Niall Horan

2. THIS TOWN 

  "This Town" is a stripped-down guitar song about still pining after an old flame. While Niall's lover has moved on, Niall hasn't and is still in love with them. 

And in Niall's interview on Graham Norton Show, when asked if the song is all about his hometown of Mullingar or any local girls, Nialls' replied:

"Sort of, yeah. It's kind of got a double meaning. It's not really about anyone in particular. [...] When I'm writing songs, I write the concepts and then just write the scenario and then write the song around it. I guess with the 'town' part of it, it's a little bit like—there's a line in the song, 'Everything comes back to you'—and I still go home all the time, and no matter how far you traveled, you still get to go home and be yourself. And then, it's obviously got that female aspect, too [...] I got loads of texts from people from school saying, 'Everyone wants to know who it's about.' It's not about anyone. So, I cleared it up on national television."

  From the lyrics, we can assume that the inspiration for this song is not a what, but a who. In this song, Niall sings about an old flame, someone he loved but never told he loved, and how coming home was hard because he saw the person he loved moved on, but all he can think about was the memories they shared and how much he is affected by them. He says that "everything comes back to" them, meaning he can't get them out of his mind and his feelings haven't really changed.  

                                                                3. SEEING BLIND

"Seeing Blind" is a heartfelt collaboration between Niall Horan and country star who will join Niall as a special guest on his 2018 tour.

And as we can see at the first phrase of this song that "seen it all in paper dreams" then it will answer or followed by second phrase.

4. SLOW HANDS

  The whole song was pretty off-the-cuff. I wanted it to be a little bit cheeky with the lyric. We wrote this concept about being in the bar. The first line of the song is 'We should take this back to my place' – usually that's what the guy would say, but we flipped it that the girl would say that, and that's what she said right to my face. With the song, before we even wrote lyrics, we had this big track and it sounded quite sexy. So we thought that this concept would match the vibe of the song, and I think we might have been right.  

5. TOO MUCH TOO ASK

  On "Too Much to Ask," Niall Horan laments a breakup and hopes his partner regrets ending their relationship, too. Lost love was also a prevalent theme in the lyrics of the album's title track,   

6. PAPER HOUSES

From debut album, , "Paper Houses" is a song that addresses a relationship that thrived on unrealistically high expectations only to eventually fail and break.

It was performed on Niall Horan's , before being released along with the Flicker album.

                                                              7. SINCE WE'RE ALONE

In this song Niall is trying to rescue the girl he likes, who is scared to fall in love again. He promises her not to break her heart like her ex lover did.  

8. FLICKER

  "Flicker" is the title track to 's debut solo album, released on October 20, 2017. It speaks from the perspective of a lover left without his loved one, as he is left clinging to any bits of hope left to him. This theme is quite common throughout Flicker, existing also in .  

9. FIRE AWAY

"Fire Away," from Niall Horan's debut album, is a slow, jazz-inspired song, essentially a promise to a loved one that Niall will always be there to support them no matter how hard things get.

It was performed on Niall's before being released along with the Flicker album.

                                                                    10. YOU AND ME

  From debut album, , You and Me is a slow, mid-tempo song. It speaks from the perspective of a young man with an unusual way of life, who doesn't know where he is going, but he assures the one he loves that he'll eventually become the man he wants to be for her. And that's all because of his faith and belief in their love.  

                                                                   11. ON MY OWN

"On My Own" is a song from Niall's debut album, talking about how he just doesn't mind being alone, and in fact prefers it.

Niall, in fact, among the One Direction members, is almost always the bachelor, with very few public girlfriends, while the other four always had constant public relationships. Though he did not have many public romances, he valued them and his privacy.

                                                                   12. MIRRORS

  "Mirrors" is a song detailing the struggle an unnamed female protagonist is facing in which she is suffering on her own, and nobody knows what she is going through, due to her hiding behind a mask of happiness.  

13. THE TIDE

"The Tide" talks about all the struggles and obstacles the protagonist feels in their rocky relationships with their loved ones, with "the tide" being the representation of everything that's threatened to "wash away" their connection.

This track was performed by Niall Horan live in the ahead of the album's release.