Astonished

Once my panic has died down completely. Everyone seems to relax more. "I'm really happy to see you." I marvel at Max and Marie before looking down and picking at the covers before mumbling, "I thought maybe you'd leave. For work and stuff."

Max's strong fingers gently raise my chin to make me meet his eyes while Marie grasps my hand tightly. "Sang. You are more important than anything", he insists.

"You come first. Always." Marie's voice rings out clear. "I'm sorry that wasn't clear before."

I hug them both tightly although their side of the hug is a little weak. I hope they are only afraid to hurt me and not because it's not genuine.

As soon as I pull back from the hug my hand is once again firmly clasped in the Greek's. It pulls my attention to the others in the room. There are seven other guys in the room with us. The Greek beside me holding my hand. The dark Russian at the foot of my bed massaging my legs and feet. The massage feels so good on my aching legs that I want to moan aloud with the relief.

As if he senses it, he sends a wink my way making me blush which causes him to laugh deeply. I quickly move my gaze away from his captivating face to the two boys behind him. Both have slightly longer hair but their builds are completely different. The one with the long blonde hair is tall, slightly muscular but lithe. He's dressed in jeans and a light blue tee. The other boy is not as tall and has rich brown hair. He would look like a bad boy with his four piercings in one ear and one in the other but his face is soft and his style is very put together. He looks like he threw different items together, which if I tried would be disastrous, but on him it looks divine.

Scanning the room I see there are three men standing at the door of the room. The first one is tall and stern looking, with soft brown hair,  hard steel eyes, wearing a business suit and it makes me slightly nervous to know the reason he's here. Have Marie and Max contacted someone from the state? Is he here to take me away or break the news that I'm not staying with them?  Without realizing it tears have welled up in my eyes and fall slowly down my cheeks.

The man beside him wearing a white coat elbows him causing Mr. Suit to frown at the Doctor and rub his stomach. For some reason the startled frown makes me giggle. The Doctor immediately starts to move forward with a huge grin trying to sidestep the final man by the door.

This final man has long jet black hair almost touching his shoulders with a slight curl to it and stands as tall as Mr. Suit. He's dressed casually which is so strange in comparison to the two men beside him. He does not look as put together. For some reason that makes me smile. He looks normal. His dark almond eyes are warm and happy. I'm relieved when he returns my smile before the Doctor takes up my field of vision. His eyes are bright green and crinkled mischievously with his messy sandy hair gently curled on his forehead. 

"Sang. I'm so happy you've woken up. Let's check your vitals, shall we?" He goes to remove his stethoscope from around his neck but he notices I've frozen in place.

I knew, as soon as he spoke, a really warm feeling engulfed my entire body. This is him. The warm voice.  My eyes continuously scan his face, I want to study him closely, I want to memorize everything about him. I want to smile happily at recognizing him except my eyes can't stop making tears and I can't seem to do anything with my body but freeze unexpectedly. I'm afraid to move anything, even my mouth for fear my body will take over and I'll end up hugging him to death.

I don't know how to show my gratitude so I just try to smile and hope it doesn't look crazy. I haven't smiled this much in three years. I wasn't allowed to talk, hug or touch anyone other than Max or Marie. Is it normal to want to hug strangers? Honestly, I'm not even sure what my smile looks like right now my face is so sore it feels swollen.