Chapter 7

A.N. HEY GUYS. I KNOW THAT LIAM AND DANIELLE AREN'T TOGETHER. I'M SLOW, BUT NOT THAT SLOW. I JUST MISS PAYZER, SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME HERE? THANK YOU ALL ALL SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU. OKAY, MY LITTLE DRAGONS ON TO THE STORY!!

"Um... hi," I say awkwardly. I'm not used to not having anything to say. Usually I can keep a conversation going for ages. I guess it's a bit different now, considering I don't know this girl.

"Hi!" she says having no awkwardness. "Oh! I know you! You're Zoey Bernard. Don't you go to our school?"

"Uh... Yeah. We have first and fifth period together," I inform her.

She nods her approval. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Wait a minute... Why are you here? Isn't this like forbidden for you? Liam, what if she tells..." Danielle trails off.

Liam quickly shakes his head. "No. Don't worry Dani. Zoey is fine with keeping us a secret. She knows about Lia too. Is she here?" Liam says.

Danielle says, "No. She left a few minutes ago, saying something about how she'll you at home later."

"Oh, okay. I just wanted Zoey to meet her... Well anyways, why don't you two get to know each other while I get some drinks?" Liam suggests.

I start to get a little uncomfortable. "Uh... no alcohol, please?"

Danielle and Liam start to laugh. "Of course not!" Danielle exclaims. "I don't know what kind of things you here about us but we don't run around getting drunk and doing drugs like you think."

"No. I don't believe those rumours. It's just when I hear someone say 'drinks' I automatically think alcoholic beverages. Sorry," I say, blushing.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it," Liam assures me. "Play nice," he whispers to his girlfriend before he goes into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry again," I tell her.

She gives me a sweet smile. "It's okay. I'm sorry for snapping at you like that. I'm not used to socialising with people like you. My parents aren't into the whole social class thing. And kids like you aren't allowed to hang with my crowd."

I nod. I know exactly what she's talking about. "How did you and Liam meet then?" I ask, genuinely curious.

She laughs lightly as she remembers. "Cute story. One day he and Lia were talking behind the school. He wasn't dressed as usual and he looked different for some reason. Lia and I have been friends since she got 'shunned'. So I thought Liam was pestering her or something. I ran up to them yelling at him to leave her alone. Lia explained that he was her brother and everything was okay. The next day he came up to me and thanked me for looking after his sister."

She grins widely. "Lia, Liam, and I became secret friends. Liam and I started to develop feelings for one another and eventually he worked up the nerve to ask me out."

I smile. "That is a cute story. Perfect thing to tell your kids when they asked how you met."

We begin to laugh uncontrollably. She says, "Oh I know. 'Mummy, how did you meet Daddy?' I'll have to say 'Oh you know... I threatened to beat him up because I thought he was trying to rape his sister.'"

I can't stop laughing. That's just too funny. Liam comes into the room with three cups full of some liquid. He takes one look at Danielle and I laughing and shakes his head. "I knew I shouldn't have left you two alone," he mutters.

Danielle giggles. "Your fault babe. I love you!"

"Mhmm. Sure you do. I don't believe you," he teases.

She stands up and walks up to him. She plants a sweet and simple kiss on Liam's lips. He grins and tries to steal another kiss. I blush and look away. I'm not used to couple showing any affection towards one another. My parents barely speak let alone kiss. The adults my parents are either prudes, single, or hate love in general.