Chapter 18

Hannah's POV

I instantly called Jessica. I kept insisting for her to get a test done, but she was being stubborn. She said that the doctors said she was fine, so she was fine. She was getting really irritated.

"Just forget about it!" I snapped. All I'm trying to do is help, and she is just getting really annoyed with me.

I ended the call, and decided to try to get back to sleep. The alarm clock showed that it was 2:00 AM. I cuddled up next to Demi. She wrapped her arms protectively around me, on instinct. It was times like this, when I actually felt safe, even a little bit happy. Demi's love just radiated off of her.

Still sleeping, Demi pulled me as close to her as I could be, with my face in her chest. She had one arm wrapped strongly around my lower back. Her other one was supporting my head. I let out a sigh of content when she started lightly scratching her nails along my back. It felt really relaxing; I was in a daze of pure bliss. I just nuzzled my head between her shoulder and neck.

I could feel myself drifting off to sleep, though I didn't want to. I wanted to stay awake and feel this amazing feeling of being in Demi's arms. She tangled her feet with mine, and pulled me closer, if that was even possible.

That's when I lost it. I couldn't stay awake anymore. I finally drifted off to sleep, in Demi's loving embrace.

______________________________________________________________________________

Demi's POV

I woke up with Hannah snuggled next to me. She looked like she wouldn't wake up for a while, so I decided to set up a surprise for her. Fifth Harmony is also on the tour with me. I think it might help her to have some more people to hang out with. A sleepover would be the perfect way to bond. I called Ally's cell phone. They were staying at a hotel about five minutes away from here.

A - Hey Demi, what have you been up to lately?

D - I've mostly been hanging out with a friend I met here. What about you?

A - That's cool, the girls and I have mostly just been being lazy. Normani and I went and visited the CN tower, and even did a thing where we got to lean off of the edge in a harness! It was a lot of fun. So, why'd you call?

D - Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun! You should've brought me along! Anyway, I was calling to see if you and the other girls wanted to come to my hotel for a slumber party with my new friend Hannah tonight. Are you in?

A - Definitely! What time should the girls and I be there?

D - Yay! Come over around four. I want to surprise Hannah with you girls!

A - Sounds good! See you soon Demi!

D – Bye!

I ended the call, and went back to cuddling Hannah. I love having her in my arms. That is when I know that she is protected and safe. My arms are the only place that I know that she is for sure safe. No one deserves everything that she has gone through. Especially not my baby girl. I hate to think about how in less than two weeks, I will be leaving her. We will both be so devastated.

I didn't realise how tight I was holding Hannah, until she woke up, struggling to say the words "can't breathe".

I quickly released her from my death grip, apologising. Of course, since she is a lovatic she was fine with it.

"What was that about?" Hannah asked.

"Sorry, I was just thinking..."

"What were you thinking about?"

"I was thinking about how much I love you. About how much I want you to be safe and happy." I said looking her straight in the eyes ruefully. "On a higher note, I have a surprise for you later today, and I think you will be quite happy!" I finished with a devious smirk.

Hannah's whole face instantly brightened like a sweet, innocent five year old. She was so adorable!

“What is it, what is it?” Hannah asked excitedly.

"Well that my dear, you will not find out till later." I replied in a teasing voice while I pinched her cheeks.

 Good news! This story is not on hold anymore, but will have irregular updates. Thanks for all the reads!

Special word: Thunder (That's all I heard the whole time I was writing.)