Too Late

Pic is of Terri

News Reporter: We're here at McKinley High where a day that should be regarded as a milestone in a person's life has turned into a tragedy. A gunman opened fire on the students here and killed two students, four teachers, and injured five others. As of right now we know who the gunman is, eighteen year old Mike Tanner, he is taken into custody as we speak ending this tragic graduation day and the terror that has shaken up this small town......

This year has been a tough one for me here at McKinley, I've made new friendships." I said looking at Trent, "have kept old ones." I said looking at Alec, Tiana, Tayana, and broke friendships," I said looking at Danny and he looked away.

"Gun"

I looked over at the vice principal to see her pointing to the back of the room and a shot filled the air.

I ducked down and three more shots were shot .

The first hit Mr. Jacobs in the chest and he fell down the ramp.

That's when the screaming really started.

The second bullet struck KJ in the head and I could immediately see the life fade away from his eyes as his body fell down beside me.

That's when I screamed.

Everybody went crazy and started running toward any exit.

I closed my eyes and got off the floor, stepped over KJ's body and started to run.

That's when the last thing I remembered.......................................................

I woke up to a light blinding me, as I struggled to see I heard the TV.

"And in the case of seven year old Mathew, AJ you are not the father."  The audience on the TV went wild. I knew who was watching this, my mother always watched Maury  at four everyday. I tried to move but my body was so sore I could barley move and when I did a howl of pain came out of my mouth. I moved my hand and tried to sit up, I struggled but I finally was able to sit up. I looked around me and figured out that I was at the hospital, I tried to get out of the bed and fell right on my hand. 

I screamed and everything went black again........

The next time I woke up to voices.

"His hand was broken in the fall, he's gonna have to wear that cast for ten weeks because his bones are very weak." A man's voice said.

"Okay Doctor Michales, what about his head?" I heard my mom say.

"The swelling has went down and he's out of the comma and that's good news, actually great news." The doctor said to my mom.

coma?

"Physically, he's gonna be fine, his cognitive state is another story, people who have suffered and ordeal like he did...it takes a toil on them. He can either not remember what happened, or he could always remember, we just have to wait and see." He said to my mom.

I heard my mom cry and I couldn't stay silent anymore.

"Mom." I finally was able to say.

They stopped talking and rushed to my side.

"Oh baby I'm so glad you're awake, I've been praying that you would come back to me." She said hugging me and crying at the same time.

"Ow." I said when she pressed down on my arm.

"Oh I'm sorry baby." She said as she stepped back and rubbed my arm.

"Mr. Williams can you understand me?" The doctor said to me.