Part 2

Aoi was lying down on Risa's bed. She was invited over to the cool girl's house to hang out and relax. Risa was currently sitting at her desk working on her homework, which left Aoi by herself. Aoi was bored out of her mind.

"Ne, Risa?" Aoi inquired as she sat up on the edge of the bed.

Risa did not look away from her homework as she replied, "What is it?"

Aoi stood up and walked over to Risa, "Do you need help with your homework? I have already done mine." Aoi asked as she leaned in closer to look at Risa's homework.

Aoi did not notice the blush that appeared on Risa's face. Risa became conscious of how close their faces were to each other. She could not help but stare at the side of the shorter girl's face, mesmerized by it.

Aoi pointed at the question that Risa was working on, "You're doing this one wrong. The answer is supposed---"

Risa snapped out of her trance and interrupted Aoi, "It's fine! I don't need your help."

Risa hated losing to Aoi. She did not know why, but she always had the feeling of wanting to be better than Aoi. It was her motivation to perform her best at anything that involved the both of them. Doing homework was not an exception to this competitive spirit.

Aoi sighed, "Risa, I came here to hang out with you. If you're just going to do your homework, that's fine. But if you won't let me help you, then I might as well go home." She started walking towards the door.

Aoi was completely unaware of the reason that Risa invited her over. Risa and Aoi always spent time together with their mutual circle of friends. They never had any time to be alone together. There were no events planned with their friends today, so Risa took the opportunity of inviting Aoi over to her house. She wanted to spend time alone with Aoi even though there was nothing going on between them.

Risa stood up and grabbed Aoi's hand, "Wait a minute, Aoi."

Aoi turned around, "What is it?" She asked with a look of annoyance on her face.

Risa was hurt by the expression on Aoi's face. Although she knew it was her fault that things ended up this way. Her neutral expression masked her true feelings. She wanted Aoi to stay with her for as long as possible. She swallowed her pride and began to speak.

"Don't go," Risa muttered.

Aoi was confused by Risa's reply, "What do you mean? If we aren't going to do anything together, then I'm going home."

"Can you stay and help me with my homework?" Risa asked with her eyes looking away from Aoi and a noticeable blush appearing on her face.

Aoi was surprised by Risa's question. She felt her heart pump faster as she tried to remain calm. Her excitement raised as she felt the urge to jump up and down in joy. She held her child-like instincts back, while a large smile formed on her face.

"Of course I will stay. I would love to help you with your homework," Aoi replied, while holding Risa's hands in her own, squeezing them lightly.

---***---

Aoi opened her eyes to find the view of the infirmary ceiling filling her vision. The gentle breeze that blew in from the open window disturbed the cloth curtain that surrounded the area around the bed that Aoi was lying on. The cooling effect of the breeze rushed past Aoi's face, cooling it. It was only then that Aoi felt the cold stream of tears that fell from her eyes.

Aoi wiped away the tears that fell from her eyes, "So it was just a dream? No, I can't say that. That wasn't a dream. It really did happen in the past. All before Risa changed..." She thought aloud.