6-Tom Hiddleston

It's happening.

It's starting.

The music is beginning.

That familiar music, the organ swelling to fill the church. Pachelbel's Canon. It's not the first to use the canon and my wedding won't be the last.

Subconsciously, my hand tightens on Daddy's arm. As much as I want the doors to open, to reveal the love of my life, but I don't at the same time.

"Betsy? Are you alright?" He whispers, looking into my eyes with the old wisdom he's always had.

"I'm-I'm terrified, Daddy," I reply, dropping my head on his shoulder. "I'm terrified."

"Don't you want to get married today? You don't have to marry Tom," he murmurs, patting my arm.

"No!" I cry, jerking away. "I love Tom with all of my heart. I want to marry him, but I'm just scared."

With a smile, he kisses my cheek. "I felt the exact same way about marrying your mother."

"Really?"

"Yes. I was scared out of my mind to get married, but I went up there and did it anyway. And I have yet to regret it," he grins.

"Thanks, Daddy." Taking a deep breath, I face the doors. "Let's go."

"Have I told you that you look beautiful?" He whispers as the doors separate.

"Thank you, Daddy," I mumble, tears welling up in my eyes. He gives my hand a slight squeeze and we are off.

The congregation, all of my friends and family, stands to face me. The late spring sunlight is streaming through the stained glass windows, illuminating the church in a dizzying display of colours.

"Keep breathing. One foot in front of the other," Daddy whispers. "And smile. You have a lovely smile."

I don't need his reminder because my eyes lock on the man I'm here for. The man that matters most to me. Tom. He stands at the altar, clad in a delicious tuxedo. When our eyes lock, his face breaks into a smile. It was those smiles that I fell in love with.

"He really loves you," Daddy mutters. "Just look at him. He does."

"What?"

"He loves you with everything in him. Since you came into his life, you shifted his entire perspective. He wants the spend the rest of this life with you."

"He told you all this?"

"No, I snuck in and read his wedding vows," he admits with a grin. Playfully, I smack his arm.

The music swells to a finish as we arrive at the altar. With tears in his eyes, Daddy turns to me.

"I want nothing more than for you to be happy and I know that with Tom, you will be. Go marry him, my angel," he whispers, kissing my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Tom extends a hand to help me up to the vicar. "Hello Betsy."

"Hi Tom." I drop my head, slightly. The vicar, at least a hundred years old, begins to drone on.

"You look lovely," he whispers, leaning slightly so I can hear him.

"Thanks. You look rather dashing yourself," I tease back. Our hands ruffle through my metres of chiffon and grasp together.

"I heard a snippet of your speech already," I whisper after a passage about faithfulness.

"What? How?" He asks, genuinely shocked.

"Daddy read it," I confess. "He told me as we were walking down the the aisle."

"I had him read it," he smiles, his crystal blue eyes twinkling. "I wanted every word to be perfect."

"I'm sure they will be," I whisper, giving his hand a squeeze.

Finally, it is time for our vows. My nephew of 6 years old hands Tom the ring with a giggle. Taking a deep breath, Tom picks up my hand.

"My darling Betsy. The first time I saw you was in primary school; you had two blonde pigtails that flew behind you when you ran. Even at 6 years old, I found you to be the most breathtaking creature I have ever seen. You let me chase you, and I've never stopped. We grew together, dating other people, always ignoring the feelings that festered within us. It was at Luke's birthday party, three years ago, that I realised I couldn't live without you. I held you in my arms once I'd managed to take you away from whatever date you'd brought along. I knew I never wanted you anywhere else."

I can hear sniffles in the crowd, and my own eyes are welling up slightly. Tom lifts my hand up and positions the simple silver band onto my finger. "Elizabeth Anne Cunningham, I love you with everything I possess. When you came into my life, you changed my entire perspective for the better. With this ring, I want to symbolise my desire to spend my rest of my life with you." The ring slides onto my finger and I nod slightly.

My maid of honour reaches around her bouquet and I grab Tom's hand. He smile slightly, I take a deep breath, and begin.

"Tom, you've been my best friend for as long as I can remember. You were there for the never ending games of football, hide and seek, and whatever else struck our fancy. You were there for chemistry projects, finals cram sessions, and a buddy for school plays. For a long time, I didn't realise that the fuzzy feeling I got in my gut when I saw you was love. I remember the first time I realised you were the love of my life; we were walking home from a play in Hyde Park in the summer and we stopped under this enormous tree. Light was fading, but you pulled out this book of love poems and began reading it to me. I was smitten. Once the sun had set, fireflies began to appear all around us. You caught one, placed it in my hands, and told me to wish on it for good luck. I wished that you would love me like I realised I loved you. It was a month later that you confessed your love."

I suck in a deep breath, trying to staunch the tears from my own eyes at the memory. "Thomas William Hiddleston, you are my best friend. With this ring, I want to symbolise not only our unending friendship, but also our undying love." Tears glint in his eyes as I slide the ring onto his finger.

"By the power vested in me by the Church of England, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the vicar announces. Whistles ring out as Tom sweeps me low and plants a whopping kiss on my lips.

"I meant every word," he whispers.

"So did I," I reply with a grin. "I love you Tom."

"I love you Betsy."

He grabs my hand and together, for the first time, we run down the aisle as man and wife.

--------------------------------------------

I got the idea for this one from rereading Sigh No More and the wedding chapter from that one. Again, recycling your old ideas is a perfectly safe and legal way to write more, provided they are still your ideas. Don't plagiarise, people.

CAST-
Rose Byrne as Betsy
Tom Hiddleston as himself

I'm so glad that you decided to read these one shots. I hope I won't let you down! As per the norm, comment, vote, share, follow! Thanks for reading! There is another one shot waiting for you!

The game is on!

-Stella