Chapter 20

You know they say true love only comes around once,  twice if you're lucky.. However I don't believe that I believe true love comes around everyday , we just have to be willing  to accept it or not. I've never been a person to harbor negative feelings and hold grudges,  I always believed that everyone  deserves love and happiness,  I never wanted to ruin that for anyone,  we all have our special someone in the world,  whether we have found them or not...  Lately..  I guess I've changed my way of thought, I always said that I never hated Corinne and I've always wished her the best in life,  once I was asked in an interview of how my relationship with Corinne  is and I responded confidently saying that we had no relationship because we have never  met face to face,  which was true,  but I have nothing but love and care towards her and I wish her the best,  I even stated that I had no reason  to hate her..  But that has changed..  In a big way.

It was a Friday afternoon,  and I just got home,  to my apartment,  for some reason  I couldn't shake the feeling  of Corinne off  of me , I needed a drink,  grabbing a wine glass and my favorite  Savignon blanc,  I began filling my very empty glass as my phone began to ring. I rushed over to it,  checking the caller ID  noticing that my best friend Annalise was calling, I answered  all too enthusiastically only to hear this...
"IF YOU DON'T KILL HER,  I WILL!!!  UGH WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS?!?  A PUBLICITY STUNT? IS SHE MENTALLY DISTURBED,  I CANNOT SHUT MY MOUTH ANYMORE !! WE ARE TAKING THIS TO COURT,  GET YA ASS OVER TO MY PLACE AND WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS OKAY?  LOVE YOU GOTTA GO"

That  was what Annalise had to say,  all in one rushed breath of air,  she must be pissed,  and if I don't go over there she will head hunt Corinne and we all know Annalise Swsn is not a force to be reckoned with. I grabbed my new Louis Vuitton purse  and my cellphone,  of course, and headed over to Annalise's.  I must say we got there in record time and as soon as I walked in,  she ran up to me and encased me in one of her bear hugs,  which I didn't know I needed.

"I can't do this anymore,  I'm always taking the heat Lisie" I whispered as I wiped away tears I hadn't realised had escaped.  I hated being painted as the bad guy,  and now venting to Annalise , I realise just how much of a toll its taking on me emotionally,  I'm not a weak person and I despise the feeling. I don't know how long  I cried for but I knew it was long enough for my tears to run out, all that was left was the faint sounds of my pained sobs.
"Here,  call up Walters,  she will learn" Annalise said,  as she handed me my phone. I stared at it for a few minutes, inwardly debating whether or not I should actually go through with this, after what seemed like forever , I gathered the courage and called my lawyer.
"So she has been spreading rumors about you?" Walters asked me.
"Yes, everyday is a new article,  she made claims that my relationship is a publicity stunt,  I can't hide behind my pride,  I'm done playing nice guy" I said,  exasperated.
"Okay so judging by this so far it looks like you can sue for defamation,  however we need to be certain who the sources are of the articles to verify its truth,  in many cases, the tabloids tend to exploit woman by pinning two successful woman against one another over a guy" Walters  said informing me of the possibility of fake news. 
" Okay just do what you need to do and get back to me , I will be waiting to hear from you tomorrow , call Paris if you need to make an appointment to see me,  I will clear my schedule for this" with that said I hung up and just threw my head in my hands and at that point I knew there was no turning back.

I left Annalise's place at around 11pm,  all we did was talk and talk and talk.  She told me about her and John's plans to buy a new place,  she told me Robert called her to let her know he met me,  which she apologized for not telling me he was the blind date,  we drank so much of wine by the time we were done and all I wanted to do was go home..
However I wasn't ready for what awaited me when I walked through the doors of my apartment...