13.

It was exactly fifteen hundred hours.
The rain stopped from pouring, but it was still a dim gray afternoon.

Al was standing on his wooden, plain white porch. He's facing the door then knocked twice while yelling calmly, "Cindy?", he paused for awhile then continued, "Cindy?"

After a few seconds, a blonde Caucasian woman, dressed in semi-faded blue denim shirt had opened the door. She stared at Al with cold, blank gaze while smoking her cigarette.

There was an uncomfortable silence. Al took a deep breath and then looked away. He smirked then uttered, "May I?"

Cindy sarcastically smiled, "Sure, why not? It's your house." She turned her back and then walked upstairs.

Al gazed bitterly at her wife who's now walking upstairs. He stood and paused, put his hands on his waist and stared blankly on the empty streets.

Before he closed the door, he noticed some peculiar man who's standing just few houses away, opposing the detective's block.

The man was wearing a plain black hoodie and a plain black baseball cap. His head was facing downwards, so most parts of his face was covered by his cap. On his right hand, the strange guy was holding a camera.

Al slowly walked outside since the strange guy was dressed exactly the same as the suspect of the cold-blooded murder.

But upon seeing that Detective Al was curiously staring at him, the man turned his back and walked away slowly.

Detective Al immediately walked towards his lawn and then yelled with a loud voice, "Hey!!! Hey!!! Stop right there!!! ..... HEY!" Al began to chase the strange man.

When the strange man heard that the detective was yelling and approaching towards him, he ran away and then shifted 'gear' towards the right corner alleyway. He outran the detective and then like a mist - he was gone.

Al was disappointed. He paused on the middle of the street, wagged his head, turned around and then walked back towards home -exhausted.

He entered the house and locked the door immediately.

Standing on the staircase, Cindy asked in a mild but sarcastic tone, "What the fuck was that Al?"

"Nothing.", Al turned his back, and sat at the brown-colored couch.

Now with a sarcastic smirk on her face and with a teasing tone, Cindy nagged at , "What are you, a freak now.. huh? You just yelled outside for nothing? "

Al chuckled sarcastically and then replied in a mild toned voice, "Wow..I'm curious that you're curious, hun."

Cindy was pissed off on Al's sarcasm. "You know what, Al? FUCK YOU! Fuck yourself and fuck you!! You hate me and I hate you. Our marriage is a clusterfuck, Al.. so if I were you, better sign now the papers and let me have MY DIVORCE and you could now MARRY YOUR FUCKING JOB!!"

Al was just grinning. It seemed to him that it was already a familiar routine that he got used to.

Still with a mild toned voice, the detective replied, "We have an agreement Cindy. The day that our daughter died, I said to you in front of the tomb of our dear departed daughter that I shall grant you your long-awaited divorce after Tracy's first death anniversary."

Cindy looked down on the floor. She uttered nothing.

Al continued, "You blamed me for Tracy's death...", Al paused and with so much bitterness, tears fell from the detective's eyes. "... oh fuck yeah.. yeah.. I never missed a day that I blamed myself for her death. And yeah you're right... I do agree that this marriage is already sinking or maybe yes.. IT HAD ALREADY SANK.

Tears fell from Cindy's eyes. She was silenced, as Al continued what he's saying.

Al uttered, "You know that I tried. For one fucking year, I fuckin' tried to save us. To save this fucking sinking marriage of us... but you won't let me. You won't let me Cindy... and I don't understand why." Al stood up, tears burst out and flowed like a river, and with a grieving and cracked voice, he continued. "This was Tracy's wish before she died. I know you know that. She always wanted a harmonious family that we had never let her felt neither gave. So I'm fucking begging you Cindy, I still have three more days until her first death anniversary and then after that, I'll fucking give you what you want."

Cindy wiped the tears from her eyes, turned her back and then walked towards the door.

Before she left, Cindy paused for a couple of seconds then uttered in broken tone, "Our daughter is dead... and so is our marriage."

She then opened the door, pulled a cigarette from her pocket and then walked away.

After a couple of minutes, the phone rang.

Al immediately answered the phone. "Hello..

A strange familiar, muffled, mild toned and husky voice replied, "Hello detective. You almost got me awhile ago." The killer chuckled softly, then continued, "I waited for Cindy to leave the house before I made the call, since I want this talk to be private."

Al trembled upon hearing that the suspect knew the name of her wife. But he composed himself and then replied, "Who are you? What's your name?!"

"Just call me Thymos..." the killer chuckled softly, "...that's not my real name by the way.."

"I know.."

"I want a talk. Do you have time, detective?"

"Sure.."

---------------------
A/N:
I apologize for the late update. Love ya'll! ❤️❤️❤️

akriones AngelDirectioner15 im2468here IAmCuLe lolawrites_ zahera37 7nightshade Ana16725 LovJez incalescenttea Jelaine_Uy inalgmy Bloody--mascara JTheFreak AkeiraBoo khushisoni1248