shot 66

Harsh, Renuka and madam Martha were settled in the lobby from past an hour. They could see the nurse coming out and going in several time. They could hear Sanyukta shouting out of pain and Randhir's soothing murmurs from a distance.

" I... ".... Harsh said when the distinct cry of a baby travelled down the hallway making them gasp. Being startled they stared at each other.

" Do you think that's... That's her "... Renuka asked holding onto madam Martha's hands.

" Umm... I... I don't know "... Madam Martha said glancing to the path leading the birthing center.

" Shall we ask the nurse??".... Madam Martha suggested. Before they could march towards the center, randhir stepped out holding his bundle of joy wrapped in a towel totally covered with the blood stain all over her head.

" Mom... Miss martha... Dad... My daughter ".... The trio quickly reached to him and stared at the baby crying in his hands. She was too small like an artificial doll.

" She's so pretty ".... Was the only remark that escaped Renuka's mouth.

Her cries became louder thus panicking randhir, he knew nothing about babies. "mom... What... What should I do now ".... He asked glancing at his new born infant.

" Give her to me "... No sooner did Renuka took her in her arms than she stopped crying. Her face turned red and eyes gleamed with fresh tears making her look more cute and lovelier.

Randhir stared at his naughty girl surprisingly. " You're just like your father randhir.... Inexperienced ".... She remarked.

" my turn now ".... Madam Martha stated and took her in her arms. Her skin was so fragile and soft. Her tiny little hands peeping out of the towel. Madam Martha have no words to express her feelings at that moment. This child is going to be her life line from now on.

She've finally got the baby she'd wanted to call her  granny. Placing a soft peck on her blooded head she gave her to her grand father who was way more excited. " I'll just go and see Sanyukta ".... Renuka after giving her granddaughter a peck moved towards the room where Sanyukta was resting followed by all of them.

Sanyukta was in bed, smiling over at randhir who had entered right after hid mother helping his father to move in with his girl. Her daughter in law's face was red, her hair matted and stuck to her face with sweat and tears glistened in her eyes, she'd never looked this lovelier to Renuka than before.

Approaching her, Renuka sided the hair strands from her face and kissed her forehead. " I'm proud of you... We're proud of you "... She whispered. Blanketing Sanyukta properly she held her hand and caressed it since Sanyukta was still in pain.

" Thanks for coming miss Sanyal ".... Sanyukta difficulty said trying to get up. But Renuka placed her hand on her shoulder and signalled her to remain in the same posture. Sanyukta passed a pale smile.

Their talks came to halt hearing the infant's cries. Randhir immediately took her from his father. " Dad... You scared my daughter... This so bad "... He said trying to make her daughter stop.

" She is hungry... Give her to me, and you both just get out of here for a moment ".... Renuka stated and carefully took her. Randhir and his father moved out in a swift leaving the ladies behind

After they left, Renuka placed her in her mother's hands. " This is your moment. Live it. ".... Sanyukta doesn't understand the actual meaning of her words until she realised that madam Martha and Renuka too walked out of the room leaving her alone with her daughter, giving them space.

To be continued....