Chapter one

There's a young man, in his early 20's, named Lex. He recently moved into a flat  with his girlfriend, Becca. She has dirty blonde hair that falls like a waterfall and gorgeous emerald eyes that bounced off light that dared to touch them. She is fairly short and has curves like calm waves in the ocean. Lex has been seeing Becca for some time now and was excited to finally start living with her and possibly start a family. Everything is looking up for him, he's got a full time job as a waiter in their local pub and now he has brought a flat to live with the girl he loves and adores. What could go wrong?

Lex is beginning his shift at the pub. It wasn't the nicest place in the world but it was still a job and that's all that matters to him. The building was lifeless and run down, the wall paper was slipping off the walls like kebab in a chip shop. The tables were sticky from spilt drinks that never got cleaned up and the bulbs of the lights were flickering like a broken cable. It was a busy morning since it was the weekend breakfast rush. The classic English breakfast always goes down well. The pub filled up with sizzling smells from the sausages and bacon and the crisp burnt smell from fresh bread that had just been toasted. Lex was clearing one of the tables that he served and found the tip that they had left him. "£10 tip!" he screeched under his breath. Although £10 didn't seem like a lot of money, it was double his hourly pay and he was so grateful. 

It was the end of his shift and he was walking home since he didn't know how to drive and neither did Becca. It was late afternoon and the sky was gloomy grey and the sun was starting to set behind the misty clouds. As he was strolling down the road, he heard buzzing coming from his bag; he reached into his rucksack and grabbed his phone. It was his best friend, Rob. Rob and Lex have been best friends for 16 years. Rob was looking for a weekend holiday for them to go on at the end of the month and he just found the perfect place. Rob found a 5 star luxury cottage spa that had wonderful views of England's best sunsets over the shimmering sea. Lex loved the idea and told him to book it straight away before it was too late. He continued to stroll along the glum road; it was getting dark quickly now and was starting to drizzle. The rain rapidly got heaver and was slapping the floor like hail. Lex ran the rest of the way home to avoid most of the rain and fell into the door way of his new flat and slamming the door behind him. He waddled into the kitchen panting like a dog and got himself some ice cold water. He swallowed heavily and drank the whole lot in one and lent on the counter to catch his breath.

Becca came dashing into the kitchen, "I have got great news!" she yelled with excitement. "Yeah?" Lex said under his breath. "I got a job interview! I might finally be able to do my dream job!" Lex's eyes lit up with excitement like fireworks just went off in his brain. "That's fantastic Becca, I knew you could do it!" He dashed towards her for a huge bear hug. "I'll treat us to take out to celebrate" he followed.  Becca leaped with joy and went to get 2 beers from the fridge. 

It was later that evening and Becca and Lex had just finished their food and settling down for the night. The rain was brick heavy outside and the wind was whistling through the trees. The shadows of the dancing trees were glaring through the windows and rustling to the tune of the wind. Becca was laying on Lex's lap and was taking a nap before her early interview the following day. Lex was going to be off for a few days ready for his weekend holiday away with Rob. He couldn't wait to just relax and spend time with his best friend, they haven't seen each other much recently since Lex moved out and got a new job.

It was 5:30am, Becca had just woken up from her sleep and was still on Lex's lap. Her interview was in 2 hours and she wanted to be prepared so she got up and began to get ready. She has a long hot shower and began getting ready. She rummaged through all her clothes looking for something smart to wear for her crucial day. She eventually picked out a smart-casual sky blue top to go with her slim black trousers. She dries her hair quietly and ties it up in a professional curly bun; she stood in front of her full body mirror and just stared. She mumbled to herself over and over again. "You can do this" She paced out the room, not being able to keep still and just left the house without waking Lex.