chapter five

i cant be late, spongebob screamed in his head, i cant be late!

there had not been a single day in spongebob's career of being a fry cook at the krusty krab that he was late. never missing a day of work was what had gotten his 374 consecutive employee of the month awards, despite only being nineteen years of age. to be late would most definitely dissapoint mr. krabs. he couldnt have that.

spongebob burst through the doors of the krusty krab and rushed to check in.

"spongebob what the FRICK!!!" squidward hopped out of the cashier station and headed over to spongebob, who was now collapsed on the ground crying.

"spongebob... what's wrong?" squidward's voice was softer as he bent down next to the hysterical spongebob.

"im late for work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" spongebob cried, burying his embarassment into his hands.

"well, that isn't that bad, spongebob. im late for work almost everyday," squiward said in an attempt to comfort spongebob, but quickly added, "so stop being such a crybaby," to mask his concern.

"but squidward, i'm such a disappointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mr krabs is going to be so mad. i always let him down, i probably wont even get employee of the month" spongebob stuttered while playing with his ID.

"i dont think its that serious, spongebob." squidward extended his arm (um in case u didnt know this is a human au), which spongebob was quick to grab, and helped him up.

"and besides, you're only four minutes late, it's not that big of a deal."

spongebob smiled and wiped his nose. "thanks squiddy."

"don't call me that," squidward growled before retuning to the cash register.

spongebob retreated to the kitchen and threw a few patties on the fryer. as he flipped the patties, he caught glimpses of squidward through the window. he was... kind of cute back there.....

"spongebob ur patties are burning!!"

"wa-wahg!!!" spongebob snapped back in reality only to find the grill caked in black ash. "oh barnacles," he sighed, and looked up at a disapproving squidward. "im sorry squidward..."

"what are you apologizing to me for? apologize to mr krabs for being late AND wrecking his grill," squidward snorted.

at this point, spongebob could only let out a small giggle and glance away. wasn't this embarrassing. but to his suprise, when he looked back, squidward was blushing too.

"uhm... i better clean this up," spongebob said quickly and headed to the back to get the cleaning supplies. that was weird, he thought.

the end of this chapter i guess ur welcome loser