To Stay

this is like right after season 2. i hope you like this i thought it would be interesting.

Mike's POV

As we wandered through the graveyard, it felt like we were being watched. It was already dark, which made it super eerie. Graveyards are creepy anyways, so the fog and darkness didn't help.

Eleven walked in front of me, her head down in solemnity. She held a bouquet of flowers in one hand, a stuffed bear in the other. We stopped at one particular headstone.

Eleven's POV

"Hi Papa. I'm safe now. You made me not safe. You tried to hurt me. You tried to hurt Mike. You tried to hurt my friends. That is not okay."

Mike was a few feet away, so he could only hear mumbling. I set the flowers down and put the bear beside them. A memory flooded my head.

I was in my room, when Papa came in. He asked me to find a man. I was laying down with my stuffed bear, and I didn't want to do it. But I knew my alternative, so I complied. I found the man and traced his words to project from the intercom. Papa was pleased, and he left soon after.

The memory left, and that was when I realized I was crying. Mike walked over and interlocked our fingers. I kneeled down and he sat with me. He wrapped me in a warm hug, rubbing my back and telling me that it was okay.

He let me cry. I stayed there for a while. It got very cold. I looked up, scared. Mike was scared too. He must've felt the climate change. The leaves started rustling, and my heart beat faster. I grabbed Mike's hand again and let out a small whimper.

A dog walked out from behind the bushes. A dog. I said goodbye to Papa, and Mike took me home. He tucked me into bed. Hopper was taking the night shift, we were home alone.

Mike kissed my forehead and turned to leave.
"Mike?" He turned around to face me.
"Yes sweetie?" His eyes glistened.
"Could you stay?"
"Of course. I'll stay forever. I promise. I promise to stay, and love you, and be there for you. I love you, El."
"I love you too."

He crawled into the bed and snuggled up close. His body heat engulfed me and I instantly felt calmer. I fell asleep to the sounds of his breaths. Such sweet sounds they were.