Chapter 7

•Chapter 7

I wake up the next morning and quickly remember school. I've never been to public school and I couldn't be more nervous.

I could feel my hands shaking as I pulled the blankets back.

I go to the closet that I had stocked with my clothes and pull out light skinny jeans that are ripped at the knees and a green 'Xbox 360' t-shirt. I put on my camouflage shoes and brush my hair, leaving it down on my back. I find my hoodie and slip it on, fixing it at my waist.

I stumble downstairs lazily, picking up my army camouflage back pack and slipping it on.

"Mrs. Gina is taking you to school with Grayson and Chandler. They should be here any min-" The door bell ringing cut her off. "There they are now!" She grins, opening up the door, revealing Chandler. "Hey Miss Carter, were out here when she's ready." He says, making sure to avoid me and walks back to the SUV.

I push past Mama lightly, watching my feet as I carefully go down the front stairs. I make it to the SUV and open the door, climbing in next to Grayson. Chandler was in the passenger seat with his bags.

"Are you going to school today?" I ask him, pulling my phone out.

"Yup"

"Oh okay." I smile simply, going to my contacts and finding Gray.

{G-Gray; S-Shailee}

S-Hai Gray

G-Hai Shai

S-I is going to my 1st day of schewl 2day

G-Awesome!

S-Yea lel, but I'm not to sure about it, I've never been to public school before

G-You'll be fine, just stick around me and Chandler and don't worry

S-Thanks Gray! I'll see you there then. I think were pulling up

G-K, bai Shai!

I open the door to the SUV, hoping out and readjusting the book bag on my back. Grayson and Chandler do the same and Mrs. Gina waves goodbye. I wave back smally, sticking my hands in my hoodie pockets.

"Bye Shai." Grayson smiles at me, running in the direction of a small building. "Bai Grayson." I smile back, walking next to Chandler.

"So where's the office Chair?" I ask, looking over at him. He looks forward, pointing to the building in front of us. "Right in there." He answers. Chandler puts his hands in his jean pockets. I nod, "Okay, can you come-"

I was cut off by him waving a hand at a group of boys, one of which was Gray. "Hey guys." He smiles brightly, walking away from me quickly and too the boys. I sigh deeply, watching him closely as he doesn't pay me any attention. Gray sees me though and jogs over to me. "Hey Shai." He smiles, pulling me in a hug by the shoulders. "Gray." I nod to him once he pulls away.

"So I guess Chandler ditched you, huh?" Gray sighs, standing next to me as I continue to watch the group of boys.

"Yea. He did." I sigh again, playing with my bracelets and looking down.

He smiles slightly, turning to me. "We'll c'mon. You still got me." He says, putting a hand on my shoulder and letting it slide off.

I nod, pulling a corner of my mouth up into a small smirk. We turn around, walking towards the office when we hear someone call us from behind. Or it called just Gray. Not me.

"Hey Gray. Where ya goin'?" A voice asks. Me and Gray turn around to see a boy with bluish green eyes and blonde hair. All the boys attention was turned to us. I look down again.

"I promised Shai I'd stay with her today; Since Chandler won't. Sorry Sam." Gray shrugs, smiling at me. We were the same height, so he didn't have to look down.

Sam glances back at the rest of the boys in the group. "She can stay with us if she likes. We don't mind." He smirks, not taking his eyes off me.

"No thanks. Sorry." Gray turns around, tugging my sleeve. I turn around along with him and we walk side by side to the front office.

•••//\\//\\//\\•••

First period flew by. It was boring really. Thankfully the teacher didn't introduce me or anything. And no one seemed to pay attention to me.

I had second period with Gray and some other boy that was with all the boys. This teacher decided he wanted to introduce me though. Again, no one seemed to pay attention, and I was glad of that.

Third period was study hall, no one I knew was in there and no one talked to me. It seemed everyone already had friends to hang around, so I was a loner.

Fourth I had Chandler and 2 other guys from the boy group. Again, Chandler ignored me. So no attention there. The teacher didn't introduce me either. Thank Jesus..

Fifth was a little different. I got loads of attention there. And I didn't want it. It was a classroom full of girls. It was the preppy girls and everyone of them were trying to get my autograph or talk to me. I just ignored them. But let me tell you.. It. Was. Hard.

Sixth period was lunch, all the 9th graders had that together; and a few of the 8th graders.

Gray met me at my locker as I was putting my stuff in it. "C'mon. It's lunch and I'm starving." He groans, waiting for me.

I chuckle, pulling out a lunch box that matched my army camouflage book bag. Gray had a plain red one, and he liked to brag about his for some reason. I just laughed the whole time.

We made it to the lunch room and suddenly everyone's attention was on me. "Uhmm." I murmur, walking along side Gray to a table with the other boys.

I hear a whistle and look around, seeing a muscular boy with red hair standing up with his fingers in his mouth. He was staring at the lower half of my body.

Gray pulls a chair out and forces me down in it. "If a boy whistles at you, don't turn around; you're not a dog." He murmurs in my ear, then opens his lunch box.

I nod, smiling slightly and doing the same. The talking continues at the table about different geeky things. Most of which consisted of League Of Legends.

"Hey Shailee, have you ever played LoL?" A dark haired boy asks.

"Yea. Once with a friend. But that was it. He moved away." I say shrugging.

Yea. 'Friend' as is Dad and 'Moved Away' as in disappeared.

But I didn't tell them that. Gray is the only one id feel comfortable talking about my Dad with. He's like my best friend. And I don't even know about Chandler any more..

COMMENT and VOTE!