Winter Solstice (A Second Chance)

Harry's POV

Harry couldn't help but feel slightly irritated that Sophie had interrupted what he had going with Uma and that irritation only grew when he realized that she had retreated at some point. Now he was stuck listening to her grill him about dancing with an ex, how that made her look and how it made her feel finding them in what she viewed as a compromising situation. Yes, he cared about Sophie and she had grown up in the last two years since he'd first met her but for satan sake, she could be so insecure sometimes. Every time he even said hello to another girl she jumped to conclusions, it was actually pretty annoying. Harry loved an independent, confident woman...not a clingy, insecure girl and Sophie had just proven herself to be the latter.

"...and if I catch you with her again then we're done, you don't need to be with an ex when you have a girlfriend." Harry didn't know why but that line got to him more than anything else she had to say, unable to control himself he exploded "I don't care if we're done!" He shouted, causing people to stare at him with disapproval but he didn't care "You're clingy and insecure and I can't be with someone like that." He said choosing to ignore the look of hurt on her face "I thought you had grown up Sophie and I chose to ignore it at first," he started, silencing Elsie with a glare when she opened her mouth to say something "but I'm not about to let you tell me who I can't be around." He informed her as she blinked back tears "I don't see why you'd want to talk to her when you're in love with me." she said through sobs and Harry heartlessly laughed "I'm not in love with you and I never said those words to you." he retorted and now the tears started falling from her eyes "Yes you are, I know you are." she said sobbing hysterically, her two friends rushing to put a comforting arm around her as they glared at him.

Since leaving the Isle Harry had learned to care about the emotional welfare of others, but he was having a hard time in this case. Coldly he said "You might have thought I was, but I'm not. The truth is that I love Uma, I never stopped...you were just there to pass the time." before leaving her standing there crying. hopefully, she got that this was the end of them. Yes, he cared about Sophie but not enough to stay with her when he had a chance to get the love of his life back...something he would do by the end of the night. Feeling a sense of relief he hadn't felt in a long time Harry went on another search for Uma. Again it wasn't hard to locate her, all he had to do was look for teal hair and a quick temper. He found her back at the table she was at the first time but this time she met his eye with a shy smile as he approached her table once more. "Where's your girlfriend?" she asked once he was in earshot, ignoring the question he held his hand out to her yet again "Would you like to take a walk with me?" He asked, returning the smile as she grabbed his hand for the second time that evening.

Intertwining their fingers as they walked out of the ballroom Harry enjoyed the comfortable silence between them, just having her nearby was enough for him right now. The feel of her hand in his was just so natural, so right. He knew they were meant for each other, he just hoped she knew it too. Pulling her outside and into the rose garden where he had given her a promise ring the night of his graduation Harry couldn't help the nostalgia that hit him being back in this place. Uma was studying a single white rose when the moonlight hit her much like it did that night and he couldn't contain himself "Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he asked in the same manner he did nearly three years ago, earning a smile from Uma as she answered "No, I don't think you have." and he grinned, her response was nearly the same that night.

Positioning himself so that he was directly behind her he said: "You're the most beautiful sight I've ever seen, even the moon is jealous of your beauty." He whispered in her ear, unable to hide the delight of seeing her shiver, loving that he still had this effect on her he continued "You're a goddess Uma." she shivered again as she turned to face him now "Be careful now, I don't think Sophie would like you talking like that." She told him playfully but stepping away from him at the same time. Putting his hands on her hips and drawing her near "It doesn't matter what she thinks, I broke up with her." He said in her ear to be met with a look of surprise...and happiness? Harry couldn't tell because the next thing he knew her lips were on his eagerly. It took him a moment to process what was going on, but when he did he responded hungrily. This is what he's wanted to happen all night.

Uma's POV

All Uma needed to hear was that Harry was single to make her move because, while she didn't particularly care for Sophie at all, she didn't believe in doing anything with another girl's boyfriend. But he didn't have a girlfriend anymore, and that was just one of many reasons that Uma was able to enjoy this moment with him, the kiss seeming to last forever. At some point or another Uma's hands had tangled themselves in Harry's hair and he had pushed her up against the castle. "Ahem." The sound of someone clearing their throat startled them, forcing them to jump apart. Looking around for the source of the sound Uma smiled sheepishly when she saw Evie standing there with a quirked eyebrow, surveying the two carefully as they tried to regain their composure.

Looking at the both of them Evie said "I've got a feeling that I missed something." playfully and Uma blushed, trying to find an explanation. Before she even had a chance to say something Evie spoke again "The last I checked you," She said looking directly at Harry "were dating Sophie. Don't get me wrong, I think you and Uma are perfect together but I also think cheating is wrong." she told them truthfully, a hint of disgust in her voice. Not wanting her to go into a full-on lecture about how wrong it was to cheat on someone Harry said "We broke up." matter-of-factly and Evie's features softened a little "That's probably why she left in such a hurry, poor thing." She said thoughtfully, despite her mother's own issues with Snow White Evie had no issue had no issue befriending the latter's daughter.

"So does this mean that you two are a thing again?" Evie asked and Uma shrugged her shoulders, she hadn't had a chance to give it any thought...Harry'd had her pretty occupied before they were interrupted, she was just about to state that she wasn't sure what they were yet Harry spoke "I hope so," He said and Uma looked at him in surprise as he took one of her hands into his own "That is if Uma will have me back." He finished, gazing hopefully into her eyes. For the first time that night Uma was reminded of how easy it was to get lost in his eyes, so clear yet so mysterious at the same time. All it took was one look and Harry could get her to do agree to almost anything he asked "Will you be my girlfriend, again?" what? she thought as the question snapped back to reality to see Harry's expectant expression, he wanted an answer. After the question fully registered in her mind Uma stepped back towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck once he was within her reach "I thought you'd never ask." she said kissing him again.

Just then all three of their phones were going off having gotten simultaneous texts from Mal, she and Ben had an announcement to make. Together the three of them walked back to the ballroom, Evie going on about how great it was that they were together again and then separating from them to join Doug at their table while Uma and Harry went to sit with Harriet, Anthony, Cj and someone neither of them expected to be there with, Preston Pan. At first, the son of Hook and the son of Pan eyed each other in pure dislike before Cj told them to grow up and get over it after she saw Harry's instinctively go to where his hook usually was but found nothing but air. Uma noticed that Harry was hesitant to take a seat with his sisters and stood on her tip-toes to whisper in his ear "Just let it go." she said before kissing him quickly and pulling him over to two vacant chairs beside Harriet. Reluctantly Harry sat down in the one nearest his eldest sister and Uma went to go sit in the chair beside him when he pulled back to him and sat her down on his lap, wrapping his arms around her waist.

On the outside, Uma was calm and collected but on the inside, the butterflies were back and her heart was beating rapidly once more. It didn't help when Harry pushed her hair to the side to kiss her neck, down to her shoulder and then back up again. Uma gasped when he nipped at the delicate skin of her neck as she tried to pay attention to what the former king Beast was going on about but found that it was downright impossible with Harry's current assault on her neck. Soon a hand trailed down her own as he asked her "You ready to get out of here?" Not trusting herself to speak Uma nodded and the two told the others they were leaving and would catch up with them tomorrow. Harry revealed to her that Sophie had driven them there so he didn't have his truck. Going through her silver clutch Uma gave him the keys to her car so he could bring it around while she was getting her coat. As she retrieved it from Lumiere Uma could help but feel greatful that they were getting this second chance.