surprises | kashima kotarou x reader

[ a/n: i apologize for the long wait! hopefully, you like the way this one-shot turned out. i've been trying to work on my other books while starting a few one-shots for this book as well! ]

requested by: @ZenxJumin16

"What's your name?" the little four-year-old asked, taking a bite from an apple slice. Her h/c pigtails bounced as she showed off her pearly whites, offering a piece of her packed lunch to the boy next to her.

"K-Kotarou," the boy shyly peeped, accepting the offer with a teeny smile. Their hands brushing past each other with no full-thought of their new friendship. "I'm Kotarou, and you?"

Since the start of their friendship, the two have been inevitably inseparable. They considered each other the best of friends and properly understood the other with just a simple gaze. Nobody could process out the bond the two held and often criticized them for it, but they didn't care.

As long as they had each other's back, they were okay with or without the support of everyone around them. After all, their opinions didn't matter too much to their friendship.

Y/n walked through the breezy wind with her school bag swung over her shoulder, silently making herself to the entrance of the school building. Once inside, she accidentally bumps into the male with heat rising up to her cheeks.

What a great way to start the day, y/n?

She shook her head before having the time to look up at the boy, but unfortunately, he was already gone. It wasn't her intention to bump into the boy and hoped that he'd forgive her. Perhaps, they all hated and held a grudge against her.

Sighing, she rose from the hard floor and proceeded to walk into her classroom with her hair disheveled. Y/n was already in a bad mood from the the time she had woken up. She was tired and completely worn-out from staying up a tad too late.

The girl banged her head against her assigned desk and groaned, covering her face with her two arms as she tried to block the sun rays. It was bad enough that she had to report home after school instead of spending her afternoon with her childhood friend.

Y/n lifted her face up to find those familiar violet eyes that she loved to look into, spotting him not too far from her desk. She watched him deeply concentrate in the book he held in his hands, doubting whether she should disturb him.

Ultimately, she decided to give it a shot.

The girl bounced over to his desk and snapped her fingers, hoping to break the boy from his thoughts. "Kotarou," she whispered, pushing his book down to meet his eyes.

He sat quietly in his seat, allowing the girl to steal his book. The male pulled his school bag and pulled out a few worksheets to work on as well as a snack to munch on. In front of him, the girl frustratingly tried to get his attention.

"Are you even listening to me?" she exclaimed with a hint of anger, but eventually shook it away, softening at the sight of the boy. "Is everything alright? Did something happen at home?"

He continued to stay silent.

Near the entrance, another friend of theirs was seen trying to catch his breath. Under Kotarou's specific order, the male jogged up to the pair and grinned softly. "Hey, guys! If you don't mind, I'll need to steal Kotarou for a bit? Right?" he emphasized, reminding the boy to nod his head.