writing skills are bad LOL

This is a story/AU I made up in my mind yesterday at schoolMy writing skills are at 3rd grade level, so it's not that goodthis au is bad overall so oops

My writing skills are at 3rd grade level, so it's not that good
this au is bad overall so oops

"I gotta get some more milk, we can't have cereal without milk can we?" John beamed, kissing me on the cheek. "It'll be quick, baby girl. I promise."
"Okay." I finally give in, "Remember to get eggs."
"I will." John smiled and left the apartment, closing the door behind him.
I sigh and walk over to the kitchen to at least check if we have any left over yogurt. Opening the fridge door, I have a small celebration in my mind as I grab the second to last go-gurt. I peel off the top and walk over to the trash can to throw it away but something in the trash can catches my eye.
It's multiple crumbled up pieces of paper.
I get a bit curious and take one out of the trash, unfolding it while sucking on my go-gurt.
It's a suicide note directed to me.

'Dear Alex,
I'm sorry I cant do anything right. I keep disap'

I get confused and take another one out.

'Dear Alex,
Nothing's working, the pills you gave me are not doing anything
im constantly crying now, everything hurts'

Was John trying to write a suicide note?
I read another one.

'Dear Alex,
I love you, i'm sorry i have to leave. i'm a big failure, i cant even write a proper suicide note
im t'

I conclude that John wasn't going to the supermarket.

**

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah." John replies, not taking his eyes off his phone.
"What's wrong?" I ask as I crawl closer.
"Nothing." He says.
"Then why do you look so sad?" I wrap my arms around him.
"Like I said, it's nothing."
"Look at me."
John draws his attention to me and I pout, "You've been on the phone all day, can you at least pay some attention to me?"
"I'm busy." John mutters.
"You're not like this." I say with a concerned tone in my voice. He notices this and laughs.
"I'm okay. Nothing's wrong, princess." He kisses me on the lip.

***

I dash out of the apartment, looking around. I can't find him. I run down the stairs and run to the park, where I expect to find him.
He's not there.
My heart beats faster as I look everywhere. He's not here.
I take out my phone and call him, walking back to the apartment. He's not answering and I get greeted with the annoying voicemail voice. I hang up and call again.

I hear John's phone ringing.

I am relieved and follow the sound, leading to behind the motel. I drop my phone.

***

"John!" I scream as I catch him in the act.
He yelps and drops the blade, "A.. Alex.."
I didn't know how to react. I stood there petrified at the sight of John and his blood red wrist, but I pull him into a hug.
He doesn't hug back but starts to sob into my arms.

***

I drop to my knees with tears streaming down my face. My favorite tree, where we had our first kiss, had my lovely boyfriend hanging from its branch.