ten

the eye of a hurricane

"lorelai!"

i sighed, hopping off the side of the hotel bed, before making my way to the kitchen area, where my mom was waiting.

"yeah?"

"why have i just received an e-mail from universal records, offering you an album deal?" she was peering over her glasses, with her eyes darting between me and the laptop screen.

"what?" the excitement that buzzed through my body distracted me from the anger on my mother's face. "no way!"

"don't look at me like i'm going to let you take it." my mom scoffed.

i was at a loss for words, "we're not taking it?"

"of course not," she answered with a laugh, "are you being ridiculous?"

"mom, i want to take this offer!" i exclaimed.

"what happened to focusing on your acting career, hm?" she placed a hand on her hip.

"i never wanted to focus on my acting career! i want to focus on my music!"

"well, you have a great acting gig now, and auditions have been pouring in," she listed, "and i'm your mother so you will do as i say!"

i stormed out of the room before things became to heated and i said something i'd regret.

i ran down the hallway of the hotel, towards the boys' rooms. i knocked on dacre's door a few times, without getting an answer.

with tears streaming down my face i moved to the next door. i began banging on it without a thought of who was on the other side.

the door shot open and there stood the curly haired boy, who i had been crushing on for months. his eyebrows were furrowed and he looked overwhelmed at my state.

"do you know where dacre is?" i choked between sobs.

"uh, i think he went out with joe," gaten replied, "are you alright?"

i shook my head no, and before i knew it i was nuzzled into his neck, soaking his shirt with tears, while he held onto me strongly.

he helped me into his room, and he continued to let me hug him for a few more minutes, before he turned on the tv and retreated to the kitchen.

i was staring blankly at the screen when he returned with a mug of tea for me. i smiled and hoarsly thanked him. gaten sat beside me on his bed, and switched over to netflix, where he put on the first season of gilmore girls.

i laughed lightly, before resting my head on his shoulder and snuggling into his side. he sighed, resting his own head on top of mine.

"we'll talk later, yeah?" gaten asked, and i nodded, promising to fill him in on why i was so upset, before focusing on the screen and how lucky i was.