4

although i saw the movie once, i still got scared at the jumpscares. i really don't like horror movies. it was the part when pennywise jumped out of the coffin and scared richie. and me. i literally screamed, not like a little girl. it sounded more like a goose.

obviously everyone looked at me and again, i blushed. 

'i thought you've seen the movie already.' finn said and looked down at me.

'i have but that doesn't mean it doesn't scare me anymore.' i replied and he nodded and continued watching the movie. 

we became good friends in the next weeks. i found out that at the end of every semester there's a school dance. we didn't have that at my old school. 

me and finn had a free period so we spent it in the school's backyard. it was relaxing to stay there in the sun and talk about the crap that's going on in the world and at our school.

'did you know millie is dating jacob?' he asked me and looked shocked.

'who's jacob?' 

'sartorius.' he said and started laughing at my face. first off, she didn't tell me she's in a relationship, but with jacob? no way. that's unacceptable. 

'are you serious?' i asked, still stunned.

'yeah. you really think i would joke about this?' he started laughing and i joined him after my brain processed what he just said. 

'they're going to the dance together, i suppose?' i asked and he nodded.

'speaking of it..do you have a partner?' he queried. was he going to ask me to the ball or whatever that was?

'well, someone asked me and i said i'll think about it. why? want me to be your partner?'  

'yeah.' he said, looking at his feet. he was kinda fidgety. was he nervous? 'if-if you don't wanna go with him, of course.' he stuttered and finally looked up at me. he squinted at the sun. he was so beautiful, damn. i had a tiny crush on him, but no one knew that.

'no, i'll go with you.' i told him and smiled. he smiled back.

we just kinda looked at each other for a few seconds, then awkwardly looked away.

 'so, didn't millie tell you about her new boyfriend?' he broke the silence to drive away the awkwardness.

'no. i mean can you believe it? i didn't even know she had a crush on him.' i said and we continued talking until the bell rang.

the first thing i did when i saw millie was to interrogate her.

'why didn't you tell me?' i was kinda pissed because i was her best friend.

'because neither did you tell me you had a crush on finn.' she replied and crossed her arms.

'i don't!' 

'c'mon. you won't fool me. i see the way you're looking at him and the way he's looking at you. don't play dumb with me, kiddo.' i gasped.

'what happened to you, millie? you are a kiddo too so don't call me that.' it was unusual for her to talk like that and she was being pretty cold and distant with me recently.

she sighed. 'i'm sorry. i'm not in a good mood. i didn't mean to snap at you.' she apologized and hugged me.

the dance was near and millie took me out shopping. she insisted on me wearing a dress, which i denied because i hate dresses.

'you can't go to the dance in jeans!' she exclaimed and dragged me towards the dress section.

'i said i don't like dresses, didn't say anything about the skirts though.' i told her and raised an eyebrow.

'oh. okay. what do you have in mind?'

'a black leather skirt with a black t-shirt and converse or vans.' i responded confidently. after that we both went and bought the skirt and we've found a cute ass t-shirt that had a rainbow design in a corner.

the next day at school, when we were eating our lunch, a girl walked in with a squad of girls in the back. 

almost everyone at the table sighed and you could even hear some 'oh my god's from the other students in the cafeteria.

'who's that?' i asked and pointed to the brown haired girl.

'that..is ellie hiyar. my ex.' jack said and rolled his eyes.

i almost choked on my sandwich. she was approaching our table and everyone looked her dead in the eyes.

'what do you want, ellie?' jack asked. you could see he didn't enjoy her presence.

'oh baby, i was just checking on you. and i saw a new face so i had to ask who she is.' she replied and looked at me. i felt slightly uncomfortable. 

'don't call me that and it's none of your business.now would you kindly go the fuck away from here? no one likes you.'

she laughed at his words. 'you've got some nerve to say that after you were the one who liked me. anyways, i'll see you around, new girl.'  and with that, she left us there. i was wondering who she was and what happened between the two of them.

'what happened between you two?' i asked and again, they were all staring at me. could they stop doing that? it's annoying.

'we were together, she kissed someone else, i gave her a second chance, she kissed someone else again and ruined my whole summer.' jack summed everything up. it seemed to be a pretty shitty reason to give someone a second chance but whatever.

'and how come i've never seen her around?' i asked. 

'she usually comes to school only when she wants to.' finn replied.

'yeah but the semester is ending and i've never seen her.'

'yeah she usually comes only at the end of the semester for the dance.' chosen responded.

'and what about her grades, doesn't she get any? how can she do that?' i was really confused.

'well not many people know, but she is homeschooled and still comes to this school for the dances and all the fun stuff because her grandma is the principal.' sadie joined the conversation.

'that woman crept me out the second i entered her office.' i said. after that, we went back to our classes.

the dance ball was next week. i couldn't wait.

hi :) hope you enjoyed. if there are any errors please point them out