●Pilot●

Free falling.

It felt extraordinary. It felt pacifying, almost soothing. Your heart beats fast and slow, rapid and unrushed; your mind swims into a stagnant sea to sit and wonder. Your body feels weightless like an itinerant vessel. You're free, you defy all laws.

I was floated.

I was floating...

Then I wasn't.

My sharp intake of breath sounded as if I had been held underwater for the longest of times.

Noise― it filtered into my senses. Chatter, crying, screaming bounced around along with a constant buzzing.

Light― the dull, wasted luminosity brung the room into a blue, gloomy veil. I blinked, clearing my haze, to find myself in a metal room of sorts and I wasn't alone. Many boys and girls of around my age surrounded me.

Touch― like everyone else, a belt woven over my chest and torso confined me to a chair but some deliquents were strapped to the metal walls.

I swiveled my head to the right seeing a brunette girl. She looked at me, stunning me with her striking blue eyes and stern yet wild expression. She was attractive.

"Where are we? What's happening?"

I didn't remember much of the chain of events that had occurred. I remembered a familiar guard waltzing into my cell and ordering me to stand. He had boasted a a set of thick handcuffs and a wicked smile. I thought he had come to torment me and didn't know what do. He went to touch me and I lashed out. I remember feeling a prick in the side of my neck and his hand caressing my hair. He had said he would miss me.

"We're being sent to the ground. One hundred of us from the Skybox.

I thought Earth wasn't survivable. What the hell were they doing? We fly down to Earth, see the world for a few seconds, then die. . . Classy.

The blue-eyed girl opened her mouth to say something, but flickering screens on the walls cut her off and Chancellor Jaha's face appearing. A soft glare of light shone over his dark skin. Considering he had a stressful job his skin bared no telling signs.

My lips drooped to a frown on their own, as the distaste I held for Jaha began to reignite itself. The guy deserved an award for being the biggest dick known to what's left of humanity. Honestly, I wished I could shoot him.

Eyeing him on the big screen, I decided to ignore his words. All I made out as I focused on looking around was:

"You've been given a second chance..." Oh really, I almost crackled at what he was saying. A second chance at what exactly?

"Your crimes have made you expendable..." Asshole!

"Those crimes will be forgiven." Now I scoffed. Crimes? Forgiven? There was no way we'd be forgiven.

"Your dad is a dick, Wells!"

I agreed with the bodiless voice, "Damn right he is." We were free of the Ark but we were rapidly reaching death.

The girl beside me laughed a little.

"Spacewalk bandit strikes again."

A gleeful boy floated past where I sat.

"Whoo!" A chorus of hollers erupted along with cheers of his name. Finn.

My eyes widened in fascination as he twirled in the air ignoring a blonde girl and Wells. I knew the girl, she was called Clarke Griffin. The daughter of the doctor that treated my mum. I instantly didn't like her.