Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Hollywood, 1947, two children are investigating. The girl is named Cherry and she is dressed like a typical teen of the 1940's and she is accompanied by a boy around her age named Atticus. They were watching a live broadcast filming of a Roger Rabbit cartoon with Baby Herman. Cherry was mostly there because she wanted to be a cartoonist someday inspired by the greats, including the creator of Roger Rabbit and Baby Herman himself, RK Maroon. Cherry and Atticus watched avidly as Roger Rabbit was flung all around getting all sorts of slapstick while Baby Herman lived carelessly and innocently. The cartoon ended when a refrigerator dropped on the rabbit's head, causing him to see birds.

"CUT!" the director snapped.

"What!?" Cherry rushed over with Atticus.

"Cut, cut, cut, cut, CUT!" the director continued to hiss.

"What the hell was wrong with that take!?" Baby Herman asked, revealing he had a gruff, old man voice and was not a cute and innocent baby like people believed him to be.

"Nothing, Baby Herman," the director said to him, lightly, then scolded the rabbit toon. "You were great. It's Roger! He keeps blowing his lines!"

"What happened?" Cherry swiped the script and adjusted her glasses to see what mistake the toon could have possibly made. "I'm a cartoon expert, sir, and in most slapstick I tangled with, someone gets hit, they see stars or tweeting birds!"

"That's the problem!" the director grabbed the script back from her. He then grabbed one of Roger's circling birds. "What's this, Roger?"

"A tweeting bird?" Roger shrugged, sheepishly.

"'A tweeting bird'," the director mocked him, then shoved the script in his face. "Refrigerator falls, rabbit sees stars! Not birds, stars!"

"Aw, leave him alone, I think birds are funnier than stars anyway!" Atticus sneered.

The director turned to them, sharply. "Excuse me, kids, but this is grown up business, now why don't you go play in traffic or something and get off my set?"

Cherry scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I'm sick of being treated like a kid all the time, just leave Roger alone! Give him another chance!"

"No, no other chances!" the director hissed. "Turn the cameras off, lose the lights, someone say launch!"

"LAUNCH!" a man in the distance yelled.

"That's lunch, we're on a half!" the director walked off with a bell ringing to have everyone take a break from the set.

"P-Please, Raoul!" Roger rushed after the director, panicking. "I can give ya stars! The girl's right, give me another chance! Just drop the refrigerator on my head one more time!"

"Roger, I dropped it on your head 23 times already!" the director protested.

"I can take it, don't worry about me!" Roger grabbed onto his jacket sleeve.

"I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about the refrigerator." 

Cherry and Atticus watched the rabbit toon smack himself on the head with a mallet to make himself see stars to please the director. Toons were having a rough life lately in Hollywood. 

"Toons." a man scoffed, taking a drink.

Cherry and Atticus stopped, mostly Atticus.

"Cherry, do you know who that is?" Atticus pointed to the man.

Cherry tilted her head and squinted her eyes. Her eyes then widened. "Hey, that's Ted Valiant's brother, Eddie! I almost didn't recognize him!"

"He hasn't been the same since Ted died, why don't we go meet him?" Atticus asked, placing a detective cap on his head.