author's note

that was dark.

by the way, in case you think things don't add up since the first chapter said " it's nice to meet you " but later on i mentioned that the abuser was the father, it's actually her stepfather!
just to clarify.

but what's sadder is that this is probably actually someone's experience out there.

it's hard to speak out about something like this, something so personal and something you would never want people to find out. it's even harder when the abuser is someone you thought you could trust. for most of us, who are really lucky, we've been taught that our parents are trusted adults but for some people, their parents are not.

this doesn't have to apply to parents. this could apply to anyone, like a close relative. girls are not the only victims of abuse. anyone can be the victim of abuse. a male adult may not always be the abuser too.

abuse can be caused by anyone and can be done to anyone. and the terrifying thing is, it tends to go unnoticed until it's too late.

these things scar. they cause pain. even if it's physical, and the bruises will eventually go away,
the victims live with that trauma.
forever.

i was actually going to insert some pictures of campaigns and adverts against abuse that we went through in school because i was so impacted by those that i decided to write this, but i had second thoughts because i was worried about people i know irl finding this and going " wait, this is way too familiar " and then piecing things together 😅 the slight anonymity i have here is what makes me feel safe to continue writing. if anyone is really interested in seeing those, feel free to drop me a message and i'll find a way to send it to you!

this is extremely, extremely different from what i would usually write and i know that what i wrote may not be an absolutely accurate reflection of what goes on without us knowing. however, i have tried my best to do my research and i have read victim's accounts about this issue of abuse.

i just really wanted to spread this message to everyone, and thank you for reading. i hope you get more people to read this so that more people will know of what is actually going on.

thank you so so much.

please check out my other works as well!
thank you :)

lots of love,
jane ❤️