Prologue

2005

Salamatu Garba, Mallam Garba's wife and popularly known as Iya Sala by her children was a woman in her late thirties, short, fat and to some extend round like a ball with puffy cheeks sitting on an equally meaty neck. She was sophisticated in her own way, carried out her dealings with a purpose, she knew what she wanted and with determination, always went after it. Salamatu was a woman who tried as much as possible to stand out in a crowd.

She sat on a wooden kitchen stool in the middle of her spacious courtyard seiving millet powder for the evening meal. Raising her hand to swat a fly from her cheeks, she dusted the hand on her wrapper, soiling both the face and wrapper with the almost white powder.

"Come in my dear, don't be scared. Let me see how anyone will as much as raise a brow at you" Salamatu turned around to see her husband trailing in with a lady behind him with a bag slung across her shoulder.

"Sala, I got married yesterday, this is my wife. Her name is Omayioza, she's from Ibira land, her father is a very good friend of mine" he addressed her in one breath, unable to meet her gaze.

Salamatu looked up at the young girl, a beauty to behold with golden brown complexion and bulgy eyes, the black in sharp contrast with the white. Not slim nor fat either, her average height was complemented by firm youthful bossoms and fine moulded backside. Her thick black hair was done in neat cornrows, the edges laying on her back, with colourful beads here and there.

Salamatu felt intimated, she was no where close to this beauty, but then again, no one messes with her, in anyway. She held her cards and knew just how to play it.

"My Amarya, let's go. Let me show you to your room. This is my house, I run things here. Let's go" her husband's voice cut through her thoughts. He walked ahead and the girl tailed after him.

Salamatu smiled and scoffed, her signature evil gesture. This was not the first time her husband Mallam Garba was bringing a new wife into their home and she was sure it's not going to be the last, but what she was most certain about is that, this new wife, just like the 18 others that left before her, would not live to tell the story in Garba's house.

----------

Surprised yeah? Hahahahaha, don't mind me. I have had this story in mind for over a year, but hadn't got the time and will to pen it down till today in class when I was bored, I just picked my phone and started writing and here we are.

It's a short story and the chapters are going to be short too 😂

I know TSOU is still ongoing, in fact I'm not even half way through. Truth is it really needs time and commitment and I really want to write it well, right now if I should continue writing it I won't give it my all. So that will remain on hold for now.

I really hope you enjoy this new one, and the dramas the polygamous home entails.

Love.

05/02/2018