2. The First Familiar

"Woah. How did you do that?" I asked, a little awed. I just watched a massive dragon transform into human form, saying I'm amazed would be an understatement. To make it better, the now human looking man in front of me is gorgeous beyond measure. Possibly the most attractive guy I've ever seen. 6'5" tall, muscular but lean build, blazing golden eyes, spiky golden hair and a smirk so devious the devil himself would be jealous.

"Why magic of course. How else would I shift?" He retorts casually. As I'm getting a good eyeful... And I mean an eyeful... He's giving me the once over as well. I blush when he licks his lips as though he likes what he sees.

"B-b-but magic isn't real... Right?" I stutter, my face so red it's almost glowing.

"Sure it is, I just used it. You're lucky you're cute or I might have eaten you for being so slow." He said with a wink. Suddenly he became all serious. "Anyways, we should really be getting on with the ritual. The sooner the better."

"Ritual? What do you mean ritual? Are you going to kill me?" I asked, panicked beyond reason.

"God no, I'm going to kiss you." Oh I hope he doesn't kill me.... Wait, did he just say he's going to kiss me?

"What?"

"You heard me, to awaken your powers we need to perform the bonding ritual. Once performed I will become your familiar and you will gain some of my powers. This is so that you will be able to defend these lands but also yourself as well." I was only partially listening as I was still stuck on the kissing me part. Let me just clear things up here, I've never kissed anyone before as everyone thinks I'm unnatural for being the way I am. They also think I'm really weird, but back to the story.

"So let me get this straight. You kiss me, then become my familiar and I get magical powers that I have to use to protect everyone? Is that about right?" I asked, trying to make sense of it all.

"Yep, that about sums it up. Shall we get on with it then? Or are you just shy?" He said with yet another wink. His cockiness was starting to get on my nerves.

"Fine then, let's do this hoe." I proclaimed, hopefully sounding more confident than I felt.

One minute I was standing there with... Wait I don't even know his name, then all of a sudden he's kissing me. I gasped from the shock of it and he took the opportunity to slide his tongue into my mouth. Wow, his lips are so soft, it was like kissing a pillow of air.

Suddenly it felt like my heart was going to explode, whilst it felt like lava was burning it's way through my veins. Though oddly enough it wasn't painful like you'd expect, instead it just overly warm like sitting a little to close to an open fire.

Then as suddenly as it happened, it was over and my legs buckled from the energy drain. Just as I thought I was going to git the ground, Mr Dragon caught me, gently setting me down.

"I'm sorry Master, I didn't think it would have such a strong effect on you. You must be powerful indeed." Master? What is he talking about? I'm suddenly really sleepy, so I decide I don't really care right now, I just want to sleep whilst I'm covered in warmth.

"Mmhmm, so warm. I think I'll just go to sleep now." I murmured quietly. As soon as I finished talking I felt like I was flying, but I just barely noticed I was being carried to a different part of the cave by Mr Dragon. He laid me down on something soft fluffy, a bed, which I assumed I must not have seen due to my being entranced. "Wait. I don't even know your name."

"You can call me Lok" Lok. That has a nice ring to it, I think I want to hear it more often.

"Will you lay with me Lok?" I slurred, barely hanging on to conciousness.

"Anything for you master. Sleep well Mate." Lok whispered, not that it registered in my super sleepy state.