1. Love and Fangs

ELENA'S POV

'Damon, don't just walk away' I called after him

'Elena, I need to know if you really love me' he asked

'Of course I do Damon, before I became a vampire, things changed between you and me. I could feel it, I love you' 

'I love you too' he smirked, I could tell the happiness was going to consumed him, he finally got what he wanted. 'You know the others won't be happy? They don't like us together' he told me

'I know they don't, but right now I don't care' I smiled at him

'And what about Stefan?' he asked

'What about him?' I replied

'He won't be happy'

'Then let him be, I love you Damon, not Stefan. Can we please stop talking about this now and go have some fun?' 

'Of course' he pulled me in close and kissed me hard. He grabbed me by the hand and led me upstairs to his bedroom.

'I guess this is yours now too' he told me

'That's very sweet of you, thank you' I smiled jumping onto his bed, he followed me and pushed me onto my back and slowly started kissing my neck.

A few years ago if you had asked me if I would have ever dated Damon Salvatore I would have laughed in your face, but once you get to know him. Like, really get to know him, he's a completely different person, well vampire. He's made me question everything in this world, he's actually challenged me in life, he's brought me to life even in my death. Yes, I started to love him when I was human but becoming a vampire just intensified my feelings for him, making him the most important thing in the world to me. 

'Someone's coming' I whispered into his ear

'Damon' Stefan called from downstairs

Damon groaned rolling off me and onto his back, 'What?!' he yelled back

'Come downstairs' 

I slid off the bed and stood up, holding my hand out for Damon to grab. 

'I don't want to go down' he whispered 

'He can hear you' I whispered back

Damon smirked at me and grabbed my hand as I led him down the stairs.

I would have to face Stefan sooner or later, so why not now. I don't hate him, I just grew away from him. He wanted me to be a certain type of person, couldn't handle me as a vampire but Damon just grew and accepted who I am. He loves me for me.