ten

The chair screeched as its metal legs were dragged across the concrete ground, pulling it out from underneath the table. It broke through the peaceful air the cafe carried, making some cringe slightly around him. The male sitting there glanced up from his notebook, eyebrows raised curiously, before he recognised the newcomer and relaxed.

"You're late." The first male noted, glancing at the silver watch ticking away at his wrist. If one was to look closely, they might realise that this watch looked awfully confusing and almost broken, spinning at speeds that don't match any of the typical human times—but the male generally made sure no one ever did pay much attention to it. Amongst the cafe goers, he looked out of place dressed in his impeccably white and well kept suit and perfect appearance, hair slicked back so not a single strand is out of place, skin so flawless it makes dermatologists enraged. But angels were never known for their style.

"I'm the king of Hell, what do you expect?" Yoongi grumbled, taking his seat across from his companion. Again, as he moved his chair in, he made no effort to lift it or lessen the screech. Even the angel flinched slightly, wishing his friend wouldn't make such a scene. But, almost by some miracle, a moment of silence soon followed, as they both stared at each other, gazes analysing their appearances.

"You look well, Yoongi. Did you do something different? Maybe a trim, or a wash? You're glowing differently."

"And you look as nauseatingly Good as ever, Hoseok. And what do you mean, glowing?" The devil sneers, but it does nothing to break the younger's calm expression.

"You look like you've had a holiday, rested. Normally you look Bad, and ready to bite the nearest person's head off."

"Don't let appearances fool you." Yoongi grinned, purposefully showing his teeth. His fangs looked a little sharper than usual, but Hoseok figured that was an attempt at intimidation. It didn't work. (It would take an act of God to make an angel intimidated).

Their conversation was interrupted by a waiter placing their drinks down in front of them. Without having to order, Yoongi's cup of boiling, black coffee was set on the table, while Hoseok's cup of lemon tea was placed across from him.

"I ordered ahead." The angel explained, thanking the waiter. Yoongi ignored the waiter, picking the his mug and taking a sip. After they both finished trying their drinks, the conversation started again. "How's things going?"

"Like Hell." The older male sighed, taking another gulp. "This human, right, I don't know how but he managed to figure out I was Lucifer. I mean, I told him, but only because he kept harassing me; I thought a trip to Hell might scare him off–"

"You've always loved showing off."

"Yeah, well, whatever. It didn't scare him off." Yoongi grumbled, venting to his angel friend. "I thought it had, because he disappeared, but then he just... appeared, right where I was working. I was this close," The fallen angel indicated the smallest gap with his thumb and forefinger, "to just smiting him right there. But I didn't. Instead I gave him a good scare—probably traumatised him." A smile spread across Yoongi's lips, akin to the expression a dog might wear after being told how much of a good boy he is.

"It scares me how pleased you are with that statement." Hoseok sighed as he lifted his cup. Hand holding the handle delicately, pinky sticking out, he took a sip. Yoongi hated how terribly Good angels' manners are. Just to get him back, he took a loud, slurping gulp from his coffee. "Who was the human? Did you get his name?"

"I dunno, Jungkook or something like that. Some journalist obsessed with angels—which, I think, is a terrible problem to have." This name caused the first sign of an emotion to appear on Hoseok's face, eyes widening and tea nearly being spat from his mouth in surprise. Luckily, his angel grace enabled him to keep his drink in his mouth.

"Jeon Jungkook has been on our watch list for years." He explained, once he'd gained his composure. "That human has some uncanny ability to sniff out angels—he's been so close to catching us countless times. It stresses all of us out. But, his heart is pure." The angel exhales slowly, pinching the bridge of his nose. "If you cause him to fall..."

"Hey, you can keep him! I want him as far away from me as possible." Hoseok nodded, believing the older male. With a soul as shining as Jungkook's, the angel could only assume it would be painful for Yoongi to be around. "Anyway, what's things like Upstairs?"

"Well enough. I was promoted—I'm doing more field work now." The black haired male gestured at his notebook, filled with the names of targets. "Still fighting the battle against technology; smart move by you, I'll give you that. Getting people active seems to be the hard part." Hoseok shrugged. "We introduced a new band into the music industry."

"Ooh, which one?"

The corner of Hoseok's lips curved ever so slightly, "That would be telling." When Yoongi let out an annoyed grumble, the angel couldn't help but let a small chuckle escape his lips. "What? You have your secrets and I have mine—you know how this works."

"I know, I know. I didn't expect you to tell me, but it'd be nice if you did."

"Not going to happen, Yoongi."

"Alright, alright." The king of hell sighed, rolling his eyes. The smallest of casual conversation followed, littering the long silence with pockets of noise. This lasted until they'd finished their beverages.

"Whatever you're doing, keep it up. You're looking healthier than usual." Hoseok said as they shook hands, their usual wave of departing.

"I'm going to find out what's doing it, and purposefully avoid it." This made the younger angel chuckle ever so softly. Then, Yoongi also softened. "It was good seeing you. Let's do this again sometime."

"Of course. Same time as usual?" The fallen angel nodded. "I'll let you know if anything comes up."

And just like that, the pair winked out. Fortunately, humans choose to ignore what they don't believe possible, so no one noticed two individuals suddenly disappearing into thin air.

----
A/N: Okay so every time I log into this I'm incredibly overwhelmed by the fact our notifications are full! So thank you for supporting this fic despite our neglect, and for enjoying it

- T