Chapter 7: skyfall

Author's note:

I deleted the hiatus notice, so the last story chapter got pushed to the 6th chapter. Saying this just in case some of you may have accidentally missed it :)

And yaaay, faster updates.

___________________________________________

Kang Daniel - 35 years old

The first thing that Minhyun noticed was the wind blowing hard in his face.

Really really hard.

He squinted his eyes, blinking, trying to shake off the blurriness. Everything was still white.

"Whoa," Jaehwan said beside him, letting go of his hand.

"What is it?" Minhyun asked.

"See for yourself."

"Working on it."

Seconds later and his vision returned. He saw clouds. Wisps of white clouds spread across the blue sky.

Then he looked down and nearly screamed.

They were on the flat roof of what must have been one of the tallest buildings in the city. The world stretched out in miniature size below him- a clutter of buildings, roads, vehicles, and people that looked like the size of ants. He could faintly hear the sound of traffic below, yet the wind did a great job of drowning it out.

He instantly took a couple steps back, feeling dizzy.

Keep cool, Hwang Minhyun, he told himself. Keep cool.

Jaehwan did the opposite. The younger doctor strode towards the roof's railing— the only thing separating him from a very, very long fall. He looked at the view below.

"Maybe Kang Daniel's inside the building," Minhyun said, "This looks like an office building or something— Hey, be careful." He tried not to freak out as Jaehwan stood on his tippy-toes and leaned forwards on the railing.

"Not inside the building," Jaehwan answered. He pointed at a spot below. "I remember that park. It's the park that Daniel and Seongwoo often visit. They hang out there a lot. They're probably there right now."

Minhyun walked up to his friend, his eyes following the direction of Jaehwan's index finger. He recognized the park below. He even went there sometimes.

It was across the street of the building they were currently on. So close yet so far.

"Let's go in the building and find an elevator," Minhyun said.

Jaehwan kept staring at the view below. "Hmm... No, that'd take too long. Daniel could be gone by the time we get down there."

"We could just pause the memory till we get down."

"We can't waste time, hyung. That'd take a couple minutes."

"Or we can reboot the memory and hope that we land somewhere closer."

And not on the roof of a building, Minhyun finished in his head.

"Still a waste of minutes." Jaehwan continued staring. There was a glint in his eyes. "Hmm..."