0.3

[narration]

in the end, even though he made it clear that he wanted nothing to do with dr yoo and his daughter, daniel still found himself sitting in the middle of a gigantic restaurant located in the more sophisticated part of busan.

his mother, who had an equally gigantic smile plastered from one side of her face to the other, gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder before turning on her heel and leaving the restaurant.

the opposite end of the square table sat dr yoo's "intelligent and beautiful" daughter, who had her wavy brown locks tied up in a neat bun.

the pale pink off-shoulder dress she donned showed off her milky white skin. a small pout played on her delicate red lips as she continued to stare at the attractive young man right across the table.

she cleared her throat in an attempt to grab his attention. when she found that he was way too caught up in his own thoughts to even acknowledge her presence, she started to speak.

"daniel, hello! are you feeling okay? you seem a bit dazed." cheerfully, she exclaimed.

"i'm fine."

the girl, subin, with her brows slightly furrowed, tilted her head in puzzlement.

she's been on many dates with different types of men, but she's never been on a date with someone as uninterested and as unwilling to speak to her as daniel.

it seems like she was the only one who was keen on keeping the conversation between the two of them going.

of course, she already had her mind set on daniel. she wasn't going to back down just because he gave her a 2 worded reply.

"you must be hungry, right? maybe we should order something now?"

"you go ahead, i don't feel like having anything right now." daniel eyed the dark screen of his phone, which sat on the edge of the four-sided table.

he secretly hoped that rin would shoot him a text right there right then, so that he could busy himself with forming a reply that wouldn't even be delivered to the girl.

but, of course, the screen never lit up.

"alright.. i'll order first, then. tell me if you change your mind later on, okay?"

daniel nodded, almost feeling bad that he was being so cold to subin.

almost.

because as soon as he remembered how he was forced to hook up with her by his own mother, even after he told her that he already had a girlfriend, it made him fume.

he could just tell subin the truth, right? it would be so easy for him to just say, "no, this is fucked up, i have a girlfriend whom i love, and i would never cheat on her for you."

as much as he, at that point of time, felt extreme hatred towards his mother, he couldn't and wouldn't do that to her.

despite the only reason he agreed to ever doing this being that his mother's guilt trip made it hard for him to think straight, causing him to make the rash decision of throwing away every single trace of righteousness he had in his system, it was still his mother that he was doing it for.

or, at least that's what he tried to convince himself that what he was doing was at least 0.1% morally correct with.

it really isn't.

(a/n: i've been so dead on wattpad lately and im really sorry that i haven't been updating at all for the past week. school has been so fucking overwhelming and stressful that i couldn't even bring myself to do the thing i love the most ;;;; im so glad that it's almost chinese new year, i can finally rest easy knowing that i don't have to kill all my brain cells with math anytime soon lmao)