kissing year after year

july 1988
hawkins, indiana

mike wheeler and el hopper became 16-year-old teenagers not too long ago, in fact mike was about to turn 17.

they were a very peculiar couple, very soft and caring with each other. until they were 14 they wouldn't kiss each other more than a second or two.

but when el watched the characters in her soap operas kissing for way longer than her and mike did, she started wondering if she was doing something wrong. what if mike didn't like kissing her?

her mind changed a few months later, when they were 15, one late chilly night mike sneaked into her room, and he confessed he was in love with her. that night he kissed her like never before. it wasn't a peck, it was something else. it was soft and gentle, his lips moving against hers and he tilted his chin up, catching her lower lip between both of his (he soon learned that action was one of her weaknesses).

for a while that was how far they went, that was enough for her. for him too. every time they kissed like that their stomachs twisted with butterflies.

when they turned 16 though, that was a complete new thing.

"when's hopper coming back?" he whispered.

the girl tilted her head to the side, checking the time.

"in two hours or so" she shrugged, looking back at her boyfriend.

"why?"

he didn't answer, instead his head moved forward, his lips close enough to touch hers but not completely, just a little graze.

he inched closer to her, they were laying on her bed so he dragged his body closer.

"i wouldn't like the chief to see us laying in bed" he whispered, she could feel his lips lightly against hers as he talked.

she brought her hand to his cheek, cupping the side of his frame. her thumb ran against his freckles.

his hand also went to her face, his thumb touched her lower lip, then the corner of her mouth, her jaw.

"you're beautiful, have i ever told you?" he whispered, his daze lost in her small features.

that made her smile. god he loved it when she smiled, even more when he caused it.

she moved her hand to the back of his neck and his eyes now locked with hers.

"i love you" he said.

"i know"

she smiled widely, teeth and all when she saw a smirk growing in his face. mike finally tilted his head up to catch her lips with his.

"i can't believe you just gave me a star wars reference" he mumbled against her lips.

she laughed against his. he chuckled.

then they kissed and kissed, they heads tilting and catching each other's lips in different ways, moving in sync.

soon they were sitting, her on his lap with hands behind his neck, tugging on his dark locks. his hands grasping softly her waist.

he then did something new, something that gave her a completely new but amazing feeling.

el gasped when she felt his lips against her jaw, then her neck and collar bone. her hands grasped his hair.

he pulled back for a second, his nose against hers and she then moved forwards, kissing the side of his face, his sharp jaw. her hands kept tugging his hair and he groaned.

mike placed her softly against the mattress, hovering over her. her arms were around his neck and he was kissing her again, deeply.

then his mouth went back to her collarbone and she gasped again, he couldn't help but smile against her skin.

he kissed her mouth one last time before plopping next to her, wrapping her arms around her stomach and burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"i liked that" she whispered

mike smiled, giving her skin a light kiss and rubbing his thumb up and down her stomach.

"we should do that more often"

he laughed, "sure"

-

this was supposed to be up last night but my wattpad kept glitching :/
anyways it's been a while since i don't write spicy stuff so there ya go hehe
also, if u ever write any mileven don't be shy and tag me or something, i love reading mileven!!
alright im out,
xx