bus stop

[I mention Douchebag in this chapter, who's from the games if you didn't know. He's also known as New Kid. Since I played the games, my description of Douchebag is whatever mine looked like when I played the games for myself] 

it was another restless night. it didn't matter though, i'd probably sleep behind the elementary school. i pretended to sleep in my bed until my mom came to 'wake' me up. she lightly tapped her knuckles on my bedroom door and quietly opened it. "kyle, honey, i'm sorry, but i want you to go to school. don't you want to see all your friends?" i hummed and slowly pulled my green blanket off of me and picked out my clothes for the day. it wasn't much of a difference, i was wearing a different orange jacket now but that was the only major change. i was still wearing that big, green hat to hide my usual curly red hair. it was useful when it was really cold. i slipped on my dark-green pants, my lime-green mittens then grabbed my black nike and put them on too. 

i haven't coughed since last night, that's good-

....

dammit, i jinxed myself. i just coughed the blue petals into my hands. they were bloodier than last time, which really wasn't surprising. i threw them away as i walked out of the door, grabbing my fully-charged phone in the process. then i thought. if i get to the bus stop late, and stan, kenny, and cartman are there, then they'll see me walking past the stop to the elementary school. feh, who cares. the school doesn't at least. 

i walked downstairs and grabbed a few brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts out of the kitchen and shoved them into my pocket, hoping no one would notice. luckily, no one did. i grabbed extra for butters if he was there. i walked out the door saying 'bye', but no response was after it. 

If i was there for the bus, i would be late. by the time i'd be at butter's house, the bus would be picking up everyone at the stop. but today, the bus was late. i soon was at douchebag's house, well, douchebag didn't live there anymore. after the whole stick of truth thing and superheroes thing, he moved away a year later. he's nothing but a blur now, i hardly remember anything about him. i remember his first words to us, him saving south park with his ass, and his teal-colored hair, but that's it. i bet no one else remembers him. 

the bus stop was coming closer and closer, and i could see the silhouettes of my friends standing there. i neared them, "hey, kyle." stan said while kenny said a muffled 'hello' into his parka. "hey, keahl," cartman said in his annoying voice. i waved at them without looking and continued on. "hey, where you goin'?" stan asked. i made a lame excuse. "i'm going to craig's bus stop. i wanted to talk to tweek." he said a tiny 'oh' and then talked to kenny. i walked further and further, now nearing craig's bus stop. the bus was really late today, what a coincidence.  standing there was token, craig, tweek, clyde, and jimmy. clyde was talking to token, while craig held tweek's hand and jimmy was on his phone. i'm amazed at how long craig and tweek have been dating, since like, fourth grade? wow. us now being in ninth grade. it's fascinating.  as i walked past their bus stop, no one said 'hi', i just walked by like it was nothing. 

when i reached the elementary school, kids were getting off the bus and entering it. i sneaked by and opened the gate to the back, where the goth kids used to hang out. i sat on the steps and opened one of the many poptarts i had and started to slowly chew it. i was halfway through my first poptart when i heard the gate open and close again. "o-oh geez, kyle?" i looked up and saw butters. he had something shiny in his pocket, but i didn't question it. "w-what are you doing here?"