22. Fun

Hey Readers, 

How are you all?? Let me remind you about THE COVER MAKING CONTEST. Don't forget to take part in it.

Love Always Wins has been on 2nd and 3rd for such a long time. Readers, call me greedy or ambitious but I want to see it on 1st place. So please, read it, vote and comment and share. 

_______________________________________________________

Friday, 6 PM

Ashutosh rings the doorbell of his house. He smiles thinking how a few weeks back, he used to return from office to be greeted by silence. But now, he had his wife waiting for him. He knew it was a long journey for them to be a real couple and he was ready for this journey. He was ready to help his wife overcome her fears, to be the ointment for her scars...All he wanted was her happiness. He had accepted this relationship and was ready to work hard for its success.

His thoughts were interrupted as the door opened. In front of him stood his lovely sister, who was bursting with happiness. Ashutosh chuckled at her excitement and entered the house. He found Shefali standing near the dining table. She gave him a glass of water, which he drank happily. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Ayushi jumping in excitement. He gestured her to wait.

Ashutosh - "Shefali, did you study?"

Shefali nods.

Ashutosh (thinking) - "When will she learn to speak??" (aloud) "So, what do you want to say Ayu?"

Ayushi ran to him and hugged him. Shefali and Ashutosh chuckled at her behaviour. 

Ayushi - "Bhai, I love you so much. You are the best. But how did you do this?"

Ashutosh - "Senior Inspector Abhijeet."

Ayushi - "Wow...Abhi bhaiya helped you...how is he??"

Ashutosh - "He is good."

Shefali - "Ayushi, let your brother freshen up. He is not going to run away."

Ayushi grinned. Ashutosh went to his room.

The rest of the evening was spent celebrating the evil's defeat.

.

.

Chapter ends....

No no..I am just joking...scroll down

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

One week later

It was again a Friday. The three Chauhans were ready to go to Jaipur to visit their family. Ayushi was upset since she won't be returning back. On the top of it, Ashutosh was telling her that they will be happy in her absence. Shefali was the only sane one. She was excited to meet her In-laws and spend a weekend with them. From what Ashutosh had told her, she was looking forward to their company and could not wait to witness their love. The only thing that troubled her was the fact that she might have to visit her maternal home. She knew that if they go, her father won't like her behaviour. She closed her eyes to relax herself and was reminded of Ashutosh's words.

"No one will punish you, Shefali. And you are doing nothing wrong. Keep this in your mind. You are my wife, my better half. You are behaving as my equal because you are equal to me. We are equal and you need to understand this. Nobody has the right to interfere between us. And no one is going to hurt you. Remember this, always.

The words give her confidence. She shakes away the negative thoughts and takes a deep breath. 

After spending almost three hours in the journey, all three of them reach the Chauhan house in Jaipur. Ashutosh rings the doorbell. Ayushi and Shefali were standing on his sides. Mrs. Asha Chauhan opens the door.

Asha - "Finally, you people have come."

She pulls Shefali and Ayushi inside the house and leaves Ashutosh standing at the door. 

Ashutosh - "I am your son...You cannot leave me like that."

Asha - "Aww my baby...You were my son...now you are my son-in-law." (looking at her husband) "Right hubby??"

Baldev - "Right sweetheart."

Shefali's eyes widen as she hears her in-law's endearment for each other. Ayushi bursts out laughing on seeing her reaction.

Ashutosh - "Mom. Dad. At least behave in front of your daughter-in-law."

Baldev - "Didn't you hear your mother. She is our daughter and you are our son-in-law."

Ashutosh fakes anger and everybody ends up laughing.

_____________________________________________

So, how is it? 

What do you think will happen now?

~Purnima