By Super, I Mean You.

Rating: PG-13

POV: 3rd, Brendon's

Summary: When they dropped the exclamation mark, Brendon suggested that they should change the entire name to Awesome Mutant Freaks at the Disco, but the others wouldn't let him. He then suggested The Charmed Ones Plus Jon at the Disco, but that was rejected as well.

~~~~~

Different bands have different coming together stories, and Panic is no different. They have the "best friends forever" tale, they have the "friend of a friend" story, and then, of course, they have the "better than Jesus, he saved us in this life instead of the next!" to go with it all. But if people really think that the four of them have come together that randomly, they are wrong. People like them, who are of their kind, are drawn to each other.

Brendon keeps this in mind as he watches Ryan shower. Ryan has his eyes closed as he lathers the shampoo to his hair, long fingers brushing wet locks with unique Ross-like precision. Water is dripping down his naked form, and Ryan's limbs look so much longer when he is just standing there like that. Brendon keeps his eyes on the display, mouth just a bit dry.

When Ryan's hand reaches down to the dark curls around his flaccid cock, spreading the shower gel, Brendon bites on his bottom lip. Ryan opens his eyes and looks right at Brendon, as if suddenly aware, and Brendon's heart skips a beat before Ryan lets out a breath and closes his eyes again.

Ryan Ross is a tease, a horrible tease, and Brendon hates him for it.

Brendon is so caught up in staring, in taking in the details, memorising the wet bangs on Ryan's forehead that he isn't prepared for it. Ryan looks around the shower before reaching out a hand towards the counter, and Brendon thinks, yeah, conditioner, that part is coming up now, not that Brendon always watches Ryan shower, but Brendon himself showers too, thanks, and suddenly something hits Brendon's head.

"Ow!" he says and then, freezing and covering his mouth, "Shit."

The bottle of conditioner drops on the floor, and Ryan stares around the room in disbelief before shouting, "Brendon! You fucking asshole, are you watching me shower?!"

Brendon shifts from one leg to another. "No."

"That's fucked up! Show yourself!"

"No," Brendon repeats because he has a boner and he doesn't need Ryan to see that.

"Oh my god!" Ryan spits, hands flying around like he's not sure which bits to cover. "Out!" Ryan says and points at the door, and the door instantly flies open from an invisible force. "You sicko! And hum!"

Brendon rolls his eyes and hums as he exits the hotel bathroom, the distancing humming the only reassurance Ryan has that Brendon is, in fact, leaving the room. Brendon closes the door after himself, and only then does he left himself become visible again. He leans against the bathroom door and sighs, looks down at the bulge in his jeans and says, "Hey there, junior." He chuckles a little at that.

Ryan is going to be so pissed, though. But it's not Brendon's fault that out of the four of them, he has the coolest superpower.

* * *

According to Brendon, the awesomeness of a power is linked to how easily it can be used to make someone think they have lost their minds.

"That's kind of cruel," Jon notes as Brendon takes refuge in Jon and Spencer's hotel room.

"But mine is the most awesome! See? Now I'm here! Now I'm not! Here! Not!" Brendon insists, disappearing and reappearing from view, as if a light that is being turned on and off. He decides to remain visible before he gets too dizzy, and he takes a sip of his beer as they share Jon's bed and watch TV.