ch. XVIII -- Cornered

"Fall out." Merlin said. Sophie was watching everything from the balcony. So it was down to three candidates now.

"Sorry, sir. But why the fuck did you choose me as the gimp? Am I the expendable candidate?" Eggsy didn't understand.

"No, no, no. You don't talk to me like that. You have a complaint, you came here and you whisper it in my ear." Merlin said to him.

And next second from afar Sophie watched how Merlin opened Eggsy's parachute. Not being able to hold her smile, she laughed out loud letting her light laugh be heard across the manor.

"Richards. Get back in." Merlin said when he was back at the mansion.

"Yes, sir. That was good one, Merlin." Sophie laughed and dried few tears that had escaped her.

"Since you seem to be in such a good mood, why don't you later go and fetch some files for me." Merlin said walking past her.

"Yes, sir." Sophie said, smile still evident on her face.

And as per usual to break rules, Sophie once again found her way back to Sector B. Opening the doors she was met with an empty room only three dogs raising their heads to look up at her.

"Hello..." She whispered silently at all of them but only making her way to Eggsy's bed where JB was once again sleeping on.

"Hey, boy." Sophie sat on bed and pulled JB and petted the dog.

"Do you wanna play fetch?" Sophie rubbed his belly and pulled a tennis ball from her pocket that she had stuffed there earlier. Throwing the neon colored ball across the room, Sophie was having time of her life.

"You're here again?" Sophie heard Charlie say as soon as the doors opened.

'Damn, why am I so unlucky with this guy?' Sophie thought briefly and looked up to him not moving from her spot. JB meanwhile got hold of the tennis ball and upon seeing his owner, run up to him putting the ball at Eggsy's feet.

"Good boy." He smiled at his dog and picked up the ball and threw it at Sophie. JB immediately jumping in bed and on Sophie.

"Is there a problem?" Sophie asked.

"Well, you are the reason why we have a curfew in the first place, aren't you? So, what are you doing here?" Charlie asked.

"Could you stop questioning her, Charlie?" Roxy asked tiredly and sat down on her own bed.

"I just want to know what she's doing here. Spying on us? Testing us?" Charlie walked around the bed Sophie was sitting on.

"She's a tailor, bruv." Eggsy looked at Charlie.

"You know guys; you are like your dogs. And let me be damned, if I don't love dogs." Sophie said standing up and taking the ball from JB.

"What do you mean?" Charlie narrowed his eyes at her.

"Like, for instance. Roxy's dog is cute and fluffy. All I want to do is to hug that beastie." Sophie smiled and gave Roxy a half hug.

"Yours is like the one that I would keep at my farm house if I would have one. To let it get all muddy and chase after chickens. Or be chased by chickens." Sophie shrugged and mimicked a chicken for a second, making Roxy chuckle and Eggsy smile.

"And then we have JB over here." Sophie took a step back, closer to Eggsy but pointing at his dog.

"The one who looks like a pleb?" Charlie snickered.

"Oh, no. On contrary, he's the one that I would like to keep in my bedroom at all costs." Sophie said half-flirtatiously. Swiftly turning around she looked at Eggsy and smiling at him putted the tennis ball in his hand.

Roxy laughed at how baffled Charlie looked and fell back on her bed. Now that Sophie thinks of it, she might as well have said that she hates Charlie, really likes Roxy and would drag Eggsy to her bedroom. It would be the same thing.

"I should get going before Merlin appears." Sophie whispered to Eggsy still staring at him. Eggsy gave her a small nod.

"Have fun tonight." Sophie said louder looking down at her feet and then walked past Eggsy. Making her way to the doors she felt that Eggsy was following.

"Wait, the fuck do you mean by me getting chased by chicken? How the hell does he qualify to get in your bedroom?!" Charlie called to her in frustration.

Sophie turned and looked at Charlie, thinking:

"I never said that I was talking about you guys. I just said that you are similar to your dogs. Or dogs are similar to you, would be more correct." Sophie shrugged and looked around the candidates.

"Are you asking for me to say the same about you as about your dog?" Sophie narrowed her eyes at Charlie.

"Because I can easily say that Roxy is a cuddly yet deadly girl and she's my friend. You Charlie, on other hand are a man that I wouldn't like to encounter in my life, but seems I have been unlucky." Sophie started and she felt that she had herself in dead end. And before Charlie could complain about her, she continued:

"And as for Mr. Unwin here..." Sophie paused and looked at Eggsy besides her.

"Since I have led myself in a corner, I let actions do the justice." Sophie murmured that only Eggsy could hear.