I'm Here To Stay (Sabriel)

Sam ran his hand down his face and sighed as he closed the book over. The brothers were in the middle of a hunt and as always the research had been left to Sam while Dean was probably at some bar picking up chicks.

He walked over to the shelf and placed the book back in its place. Sam jumped as he heard the fluttering of wings behind him. He leaned against the shelf as he regained his breath.

"Jesus Cas, you know you can call right?" He laughed.

"You've changed Sammy."

Sam spun around and stood still unable to speak.

"Gabriel?" He whispered.

"Heya Samsquatch." Gabriel beamed.

Sam walked over and pulled him into a hug. When he stood back he looked him up and down still unable to believe it was him.He looked just like he had eight years ago and of course, he had a lollipop stuck in his mouth. The one difference Sam noticed was that he was perfectly fine and alive.

"Hold on, you died."

"Yeah, well it didn't stick." Gabriel laughed as he gestured to himself.

"When did you get back?" Sam asked.

"Back?" Gabriel repeated sounding confused.

"You know, from the dead?"

"Ohh right about that." Gabriel trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck.

Sam stood up straight and clenched his jaw as he stared at Gabriel.

"You were never dead were you!" He shouted.

"You're so cute when you're angry." He grinned.

"Ohh so you think I'm cute when I'm angry? Well, get ready because I'm about to be GORGEOUS!"

"Hey can't you just be happy that I'm back?" Gabriel asked.

"It was eight years! I thought you were dead! Would it of actually killed you to call or send a text or a god damn carrier pigeon I don't care how but you could have said: "Hey not dead"! I mourned you, Gabriel!" Sam snapped.

"Sam I-I'm sorry but if I came back if Lucifer knew I was still alive he would have killed me and made sure I was dead, and I don't even want to think about what would have happened if heaven had found out I was still alive." He explained.

"We would have protected you, Gabe we did it for Cas and it worked, they wouldn't have found you. You could have been with us you didn't have to run. So much shit happened and we needed you, I needed you."

Sam was on the verge of tears and had slouched down making him appear small. It was a side to Sam that Gabriel had never seen, that very few people had ever seen. In that moment Gabriel realized that him staying away had caused more pain than he had meant it to. He hoped that if Sam thought he was dead that he could move on but he realized that he hadn't. He had just caused him pain.

He took a step forward and placed his hand on Sam's arm. He could feel his arm tense up under his touch, he had expected him to pull away or shout at him but he didn't he just stood and looked at him.

"Sam I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how much it had hurt you. I didn't know I meant that much to you. I thought I was just another one of the angels that came to help the Winchesters before you destroyed the world."

"Of course you meant a lot to me, Gabriel. I was in love with you. I thought you had noticed." Sam confessed.

Sam scrunched up his face suddenly realizing what he had just said. He did something no one had managed to do in millions of years, he had left Gabriel speechless. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again not knowing what to say.

Sure he had hooked up girls before, but half of them were fake and none of them had ever said they had loved him. Now, Sam Winchester, the boy with demon blood turned the man with angel grace was standing in front of him confessing that he was in love with him.

"You were in love with me?"

"I am in love with you."

Gabriel's breath hitched in the back of his throat. He took the lollipop stick out of his mouth and flicked it onto the desk as he took a step forward. He pushed himself up onto his toes and put his hand on the back of Sam's neck pulling him down until his lips met his own.

Sam melted into the kiss after a minuter and wrapped his arms around him. He pushed Gabriel back until he was sitting on the table. Suddenly the door to the library opened and Dean walked in with paper bags in his arms.

"Hey Sammy I got food - oh sorry I didn't realize you had company." Dean chuckled.

Sam and Gabriel jumped apart and Gabriel turned his head away from Dean.

"Dean!" Sam shouted.

"Ok, ok I'm going, foods in the kitchen whenever you want it. Bitch."

"Jerk!"

"Well that went great didn't it?" Gabriel sighed.

"Oh shut up."

Sam turned around and crashed his lips into Gabriels again.

Dean was halfway down the hallway again when he stopped.

"Wait a second was that - GABRIEL!"

- Admin Tink