~37~

Hunter's eyes blinked open to the beaming light that shone through the canopy of lime green and autumn red leaves. His abdomen sent ever lasting pain through his whole body-but he didn't care. The light above was beautiful.Was he in the paradise that all the humans and over believers had fantasised consistently about? Was he dead?

Gentle chirping sounds flew with the breeze that caressed his skin, he inhaled as he still laid upon-upon vines? Yes, he was sprawled out on a bed of strong vines that intwined with ripe, colourful flowers of all sorts; roses, lilies, daisies, peonies, asters, tulips and many more that he couldn't identify. Then a name sprang into his head...Crimson.

This was a bed that his precious Crimson had made for him. And it was so intricately weaved and shaped. And it was moving. He was being moved.
But still he didn't care. Questions bombarded his head, Did Crimson think he was dead? Was he dead? No he couldn't be. Hunter propped himself up onto his elbows then winced at the pain that shrieked on the left side of his stomach. The bed of vines and flowers slowed...then stopped.

"Hunter?" A distant familiar voice called wearily, "Hunter!" It repeated this time more joyfully and sure. He knew that voice...his Tree Princess. The bed of plants was smoothly placed down on the ground by an invisible force. Shortly after Crimson stood in front of the sun.

"Your not dead!" She cheered, her pale skin now flashing with colour and her olive face returned as he'd remembered it, healthy, happy. "I guess so." He smiled but as he tried shifting towards her, he hissed at the agony that once again shot through him. He swore. "It's ok. You don't need to get up. We were going to set up camp here anyway." Crimson bent down on her knees beside him and took one of his gloved hands in hers.

"So the soul sucker lives." Another familiar voice purred-Deeja. "Yes feline, we've established that!" -Jermine.

Their mission had been successful. What about Darya and Brice. He craned his neck slightly and found Darya standing by a tree, carving dirt out of her nails but a devastated look was scribbled all over her face. And when he turned his head to the right, he saw the Prince staring hollowly at what? He didn't know.

Hunter turned back to Crimson who had followed his gaze, "They got into a bit of a pickle." She beamed again. He could have sworn that even his heart had sighed in relief as he took in her delighted features.

~

Deeja and Jermine had found enough fire wood to warm up an entire village in Corrla. But once again it was a competition. Who could get the most firewood. That's what Jermine had proposed this time. She was more than obliged to kick his ass, but it was a draw-again.

"Kitty cat." Jermine's smooth, annoying voice sang from behind her, she had come to despise it but also sort of get a pleasuring thrill out of it. In the cell she had gotten incredibly hungry. But she wasn't going to do what he'd thought she was implying. Well she had contemplated it for a little bit when she crawled atop him, but didn't like the idea of banging her enemy. Or was he her friend?

I've never had a real friend.
He had said in the cell.

"What do you want?" She growled. He inched closer to her with feral grace but he didn't intimidate her. Not one bit. "Awww, why you gotta be so salty all the time? I just wanted to have a little fun." Amusement danced around in his eyes. Fine. Deeja loved to play his little games.

With a wink of her sharp green eyes, she said, "What sort of fun?" Jermine gave her a grim smirk. "Any fun you'd like." He licked his lips, now only a hands length away from her face.

"You know"- she flicked his chin-"you still haven't told me if your immortal or not." He tipped his head closer, closer, "Oh I'm immortal feline, would you like me to prove it to you?" Jermine was playing a dangerous game now. His eyes twinkled and yes, they did promise tremendous amounts of fun. But she wouldn't let him get to her. So she only grinned and walked two of her golden fingers from his stomach to his chest. Jermine's mint green eyes followed every little movement, a little caution now on his face. Deeja then pushed him back with only her two fingers. "Maybe some other time." She whispered then turned away from him and pounced onto the towering trees.