CHAPTER SEVEN

Everyone was already laughing and dancing at school. Finding Ned and MJ would be difficult. They weren't near the food table so the couple had no idea where else they could be.

"Maybe Ned is dancing with Sally?" Iola suggested looking around.

"Maybe," said Peter before spotting someone, "look, there's MJ!"

The two quickly made their way to the curly haired girl. She was in a light-yellow dress and was leaning against a wall, watching everyone. MJ raised an eyebrow when she saw their arms linked together.

"So, you two are here together," she said not surprised.

"Yeah. We're dating too," said Iola grinning. "Are you here with someone?"

"Nope," said MJ standing up straight. "I'm only here for the food."

They watched as MJ walked off into the crowd of dancing teenagers without a single glance back at them. Peter frowned and made a face.

"She completely ignored me," he said in realization. Iola shrugged and they went off to take pictures. Even though it was just Peter and Iola everyone else seemed to want to take pictures of them too. Everyone wanted to say that they were at the same prom as Iola Stark. The photographer didn't seem very satisfied with the photos however.

"You two are too stiff," said the photographer shaking his head. "Loosen up and maybe change your poses."

Iola's eyes twinkled and she grinned mischievously. Peter awkwardly stood there confused and unsure of what to do. She then grabbed his tie, pulled him down, and kissed his cheek. The photographer was extremely happy with the photos while Peter seemed to flustered and shocked to move.

"Look at how nice these turned out!" Iola exclaimed when she received the finished product. Since there were two, she gave one to Peter.

"Can I get a warning next time?" Peter asked with a hint of red still on his face. Iola laughed and pulled him to the dance floor.

"Starks are unpredictable remember?"

As they danced people around them stared and whispered. People couldn't understand how someone so rich and popular as Iola wanted to be with a loser like Peter. By popular vote, Flash and Iola became Prom King and Queen.

"Why does it have to be Flash?" Peter groaned as Iola left his side and walked to the stage. People cheered and MJ suddenly appeared next to him.

"Flash looks happy to be prom royalty with Iola," she commented. Peter jealously watched as they danced. When they made their way to where Peter and MJ were standing Iola gave them a helpless look while Flash looked smug. When the dance was over, Flash didn't seem to want to let Iola go.

"Get away from me," ordered Iola glaring at him. Flash ignored her and kept his hands on her waist.

"Everyone would love to go to prom with me. Admit it, you do too," he said with a smirk. Iola was disgusted.

"You're delusional!"

Peter noticed what was happening and stormed over furiously. Iola saw him and silently asked for help. Peter pulled her away from him and wrapped his arms around her protectively.

"Stay away from my girlfriend," said Peter angrily. Iola was surprised at his tone. She didn't remember ever hearing him angry like that before. Plus, he was talking to the guy who bullied him for years.

"You know, I think Pete here is the delusional one. He thinks he's Iola Stark's boyfriend!" Flash laughed looking around at everyone else in the crowd. The crowd laughed much to Peter's annoyance.