Part 3 ☆

Lucy's View

  I awakened later in the day. The light of the sun was blinding. My tired eyes couldn't see with this bright light. Then I realized I was moving. To be more accurate, I was being carried.

"Natsu?"

"Yeah, Lucy?"

  He looked down at me as he carried me bridal style. I felt flustered. I blushed and buried my face into his chest, only making me blush more. I couldn't speak. My heart was racing.

Natsu, you are such tease! Why are you doing this to me?! You are toying with my heart, my emotions. 

"Lucy?" 

  I couldn't speak. Words wouldn't escape my lips. I kept my face buried into his chest. His warm chest. I wanted to stay like this forever. He continued to walk with me in his arms. I felt happy and embarrassed. 

All these people are looking at us. What do they think? What do you think Natsu? 

Natsu's View

  Lucy wouldn't speak at all. Her face was buried into my chest. Her warm breath blew onto me causing me to shiver in delight. 

Even just the feeling of her breath makes me happy. Being this close to her makes me happy. The more I'm with her, the closer that I want to be to her. Is this why I pushed her away? Is it because I don't want hurt her or Lisanna? Dammit! Why are girls so confusing?! 

  I stopped and gently brought her to her feet. Her face had a sad look. It looks like she had a broken heart. I hated how her face looked. I hated seeing her sad. I decide to change the subject and focus on the job at hand.

"This is the location of our client."

  She nodded in reply as we entered the building.

Lucy's View

The estate was large and vast. Elegant carpets covered every floor. Creamy red velvet curtains cascaded onto the ground. Beautiful chandeliers light up the room; its light making everything glisten and sparkle. I was in awe.

I haven't been in a place like this in a very long time.

  A maid had taken us to a small room and asked us to take a seat. I sat comfortably on a red satin sofa lined with rubies.

Expensive...

  Natsu took a seat next to me. A short, stubby looking man and a short, plump women entered and took a seat at the white colored, wooden desk.

"You must be the wizards that accepted our request." said the plump

 women.

"Yes we are. This is Natsu Dragneel and I am Lucy Heartfilia."

"Yes, yes, we know who you are." stated the stubby man.

These two don't look like the nicest people but a job is a job.

"Recently," started to say the stubby man, "a group of bandits have been terrorizing the people of this town. The only reason we are getting involved is because they have stolen some of our rare merchandise. We want you to track them down, get back our items, and capture them. We will pay when and only these conditions have been met."

  I started to say something but the stubby man and plump women had us escorted out of the building.

"Rude..." I muttered as we walked down the street.

"Some people are just like that, Luce. We just have to deal with it till the job is done."

"We didn't even get there names."

"It doesn't matter. We will get it done even if we don't know their names."

"So anyways, where should we start?"

"I think it be best if we asked around to see if anyone has an idea of what they look like. It will help us find them."

  I nodded in reply.

"I think we should check into a hotel first though." he added.

"We are getting separate rooms, right?"

Why did I even ask that? Of course we are going to have separate rooms.

"I actually think we should just get one room. It will be eaiser to communicate and it will save us some jewels."

Was he serious?

My heart started to race.

Just me and Natsu in a hotel room together. I couldn't believe it. He must be joking.

"Are you serious?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"Of course I am. If you don't want to then..."

"No! Its fine! I don't mind at all."

  I felt flustered again. I blushed in embarrassment.

I can't believe this is happening. I must be dreaming. No. This is real.

  Natsu took a hold of my wrist and lead me towards a hotel.