Chapter 2

Appearing in the kings bedroom was highly undignified but Admina had sensed him moving around earlier.

He was not oblivious to the scuffle that had happened outside his door and when she appeared he was dressed and ready, a short sword in his hand.

Her sudden appearance caused him to jump but he recognised her and smiled happily.

Dropping the sword he hugged her tight, his short beard scratching her cheek unpleasantly.

He was good looking and a good ruler, but he was still King and she was a Shade and his fondness for her was disturbing to say the least. She pushed him away gently, dropping her hood as was custom in front of royalty.

"An attempt has been made on your life my lord, we must get you to safety" she said, getting quickly to the point because Stephen looked like he enjoyed having her in his bedroom too much.

Instantly his appreciative and lustful gaze turned serious,

"Whats the situation?" he asked, suddenly urgent,

"An assassin was killed just ooutside your door my lord, no more are present but I believe a larger attack is immanent"

Stephen nodded, "A logical conclusion, what of the assassin, why send him at all?"

Admina shrugged, "I can only conclude that he was merely a sacrifice to see if a conventional attack would work, it almost did, he was very skilled, your guards were lax tonight"

"I will have words with them"

"Good, I shall take you to a safe place now, with your permission my lord" she said stepping closer, the flirty look came back,

"Of course my darling, anything for you" he grinned.

Admina sighed and wrapped her power around him, swallowing him in red material and transporting him to the underground room with no windows and doors, nicely furnished with artificial lamps, unable to get into unless you were a shade and possessed the ability to disappear and reappear wherever you want, regardless of distance or obstacles, at will.

The King stumbled a little as they reappeared and Admina reached out to steady him, he caught hold of her arms and pulled her close to him, going in for a kiss.

She turned her head to the side, his mouth ended up on her neck where he planted kisses then sucked hard on her skin, he resumed kissing, leading up to her ear,

"Why don't you stay with me" he whispered into her lobe, "No one will ever know" his kisses began to go lower.

Admina wriggled, then wrapped her magic around her and disappeared out of his arms, reappearing on the other side of the room, she glared at the king in disgust,

"I will bring your wife and child to you now my lord" she said angrily and disappeared from the safe room.